• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Tytera announces new mobile DMR radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
How anyone could possibly miss the conjunction "or" is beyond my comprehension! Maybe a little more emphasis will drive the point home. :lol:

According to Tytera, the MD-9600 operates on 400-480MHz frequencies at up to 45 watts (UHF model) or 136-174MHz VHF at up to 50 watts (VHF model).

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I have a CS-750 and XPR-6550, but as handhelds, they sometimes don't quite make it to the local repeater when I'm mobile in the boonies. I was looking at an XPR 5550 which is definitely nicer, but but MUCH more pricey.

This puppy might just make it to my wish list :)

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
I have a CS-750 and XPR-6550, but as handhelds, they sometimes don't quite make it to the local repeater when I'm mobile in the boonies. I was looking at an XPR 5550 which is definitely nicer, but but MUCH more pricey.

This puppy might just make it to my wish list :)
Why wait? The CS800 is available now, and has the speaker on the front like the Motorola's do.

The face is detachable for remote mounting, and you don't need any special cable. An inexpensive length of Cat5 cable will do the job nicely.

As it happens, I just receive my second CS800 this morning and am fixing to install it in my car this afternoon, just as soon as the postal carrier drops off my XPR7550 I bought... :D

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
Why wait? The CS800 is available now, and has the speaker on the front like the Motorola's do.
And it uses the same code plug as my CS750... But note that I said 'might' make my wishlist :) I still have to see the final price and how it performs.

mw0cqu

The CS800 is too large to be practical for the majority of european cars.
even with the remote head. There are UK sellers selling rebadged CS800s
on facebook for GBP 250.

Hence I am waiting for the TYT 9600.

if the MD380 experimental "380 tools" firmware can be uploaded so that I can
change the DMR ID from the front panel then I will be beyond delighted.

'CQU

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Looks interesting, especially if the codeplug is compatible with the 380/390 radios....

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
The CS800 is too large to be practical for the majority of european cars.
even with the remote head.
The size is nearly the same!
The CS800 is roughly 6"x1.75"x7"
The MD-9600 is 5.62" x 1.96" x 6.88"

The remote head is DIN sized and fits nicely in my 1998 Toyota Camry.

CallumC8

This radio was to be out this summer and summer has passed....

If it helps, I understand the TH-8600 will be out at the start of next month and the MD-9600 will be a short time after that.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.