• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

OK, so the UV-UV-50X3 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
There's really nothing to talk about, just another china toy. Has anyone posted honest reviews on one? 73, n9zas

bharvey2

The display looks like it would be clear but there is nothing innovative or cutting edge. The 5W max on 220MHZ seems like a real bummer.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
Frankly I am surprised that Baofeng came out with a radio at this price point and with a remote head. It looks like an interesting radio due to its ability to cross-band which could be interesting.

Honestly, I didn't look at the 220 wattage, I only ever transmit in VHF.

Leelorr

Are the Chinese radios worth $3xx yet? (I don't think so)

I have a couple of cheap Chinese HTs and a mobile, and I think they have their place. I do not think the Chinese mobiles are any where near ready to charge $339 for their quality level. The Kenwood TM71-A dual band mobile with cross band repeat and full remote control is within $15 of that price, and it is a very well thought of radio. If you do some research on the current Chinese mobiles you will find many reports of problems and bugs. They will get to an acceptable level for that price some day, but that day is not here yet in my opinion.

gewecke

Banned
The Kenwood TM-V71A is a nice radio, one thing the BTech radio has going for it is the airband
The V71a is 5 times that china toy would ever be, hence NOT worth $339 of my dollars When you could have the V71 for $354 :wink: 73, n9zas

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
It's almost like they realized they screwed up by charging so little for their handhelds that they're trying to make up for it with the mobiles.

Agree with everyone else: At that price point, buy a Kenwood, Icom or Yaesu.

SCPD

QRT
china toy?

There's really nothing to talk about, just another china toy. Has anyone posted honest reviews on one? 73, n9zas
But IT IS A YAESU!
Its an FTM-350AR Yaesu! How is this a toy?

I had a TM-V71 KENWOOD encoder went bad in 3 weeks of owning it...........
The FTM-350AR Yaesu was ok,except for adjacent channel rejection it was great!
This Baofeng is the same,just doesnt look like it has a multicolor display.

The V71A,and FTM350AR and this have the AIRBAND.

Last edited:

frazpo

I have a couple of cheap Chinese HTs and a mobile, and I think they have their place. I do not think the Chinese mobiles are any where near ready to charge $339 for their quality level. The Kenwood TM71-A dual band mobile with cross band repeat and full remote control is within $15 of that price, and it is a very well thought of radio. If you do some research on the current Chinese mobiles you will find many reports of problems and bugs. They will get to an acceptable level for that price some day, but that day is not here yet in my opinion.

I was thinking the same thing about the Icom 2730. Unure I would pay that price for baofeng when you can get an Icom full featured dual band or a kenwood in same price range.

gewecke

Banned
But IT IS A YAESU!
Its an FTM-350AR Yaesu! How is this a toy?

I had a TM-V71 KENWOOD encoder went bad in 3 weeks of owning it...........
The FTM-350AR Yaesu was ok,except for adjacent channel rejection it was great!
This Baofeng is the same,just doesnt look like it has a multicolor display.

The V71A,and FTM350AR and this have the AIRBAND.
NO its not. Its a baofunk. There's a big difference between that toy and a Yaesu. Specs and Warranty are the biggest difference. Those people in china steal cases and chasis from other models to make Frankenradios !! Seriously?! I can't believe I even said beofunk and Yaesu in the same sentence! That ****box is not a Yaesu Ftm 350, Blasphemy !! :evil: 73, n9zas

Last edited:

gewecke

Banned
It's almost like they realized they screwed up by charging so little for their handhelds that they're trying to make up for it with the mobiles.

+1. Yep ... Or china has learned the definition of Greed? :( 73, n9zas

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
[overheard on the Production Line at the CCR factory...]

"Chen, stop the Yaesu FTM350 line an hour before the swing shift comes in. We need to retool slightly and add the Baofeng logos and badging. Swing shift is running Baofeng on the line tonight...."

gewecke

Banned
[overheard on the Production Line at the CCR factory...]

"Chen, stop the Yaesu FTM350 line an hour before the swing shift comes in. We need to retool slightly and add the Baofeng logos and badging. Swing shift is running Baofeng on the line tonight...."
. :lol: :lol: 73, n9zas

Sporrt

They priced the handhelds as high as they could. It's a radio on a computer chip. The front end consists of software, hence is easily overloaded.

I've seen the UV-82 go for $30, shipped. Still can't bring myself to buy one. That $30 can go towards real gear, made in Japan. I've handled a friends Baofeng, reminds me of the PEZ candy dispensers.

gewecke

Banned
They priced the handhelds as high as they could. It's a radio on a computer chip. The front end consists of software, hence is easily overloaded.

I've seen the UV-82 go for $30, shipped. Still can't bring myself to buy one. That $30 can go towards real gear, made in Japan. I've handled a friends Baofeng, reminds me of the PEZ candy dispensers.
Stop, you guys are killin me lol. Somewhere there's probably a firmware upgrade that allows it to cook rice. 73, n9zas

Status
Not open for further replies.