• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

MD-380 scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noob86

Hi Guys Seems i have reached the limit on the scan list of 31 entrys so i have made a new scanlist question is how do i tell the radio what scan list to scan has any body got any idea.

I have 40 channels on my radio in total and can only add 31 to a scan list if i make another scanlist and add the remaining 9 channles i have no way of scanning the extra channels this is where i am stuck cannt find any info online regarding this any help would be great.

Cheers

CanesFan95

Which scanlist the radio scans depends on what channel you're selected on when you put the radio on scan. Each channel has a drop-down selection you make in the software to decide what scanlist the memory channel is associated with. When you select on that channel when you're using the radio, the scanlist you chose in that drop-down list is the scanlist that will be scanned. There's no way to manually tell the radio which scanlist you want to scan.

If you want to scan a different scanlist, you'll need to select on a different channel that you associated with a different scanlist in the software.

For example, I have all 22 FRS frequencies programmed into 2 different zones. All 22 frequencies are associated with the same scanlist. No matter which one of those 22 memory channels I select on, if I put the radio on scan, the radio's gonna scan those same 22 memory channels in that same scan list.

If I want to scan something else, then I'd have to select on something else, such as a DMR frequency. Once I'm on that DMR frequency, if I put the radio on scan, the radio will scan whatever scanlist I chose from the drop-down in the software when programming that DMR memory channel.

bluetone

MD-380 scan settings

Thanks Homeboys!

I was having a difficult time understanding this logistically. Makes sense, now.

Go Bulls!

Status
Not open for further replies.