• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anysecu DM-960

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Followup.... I found one of these on eBay for $90 so I purchased it to compare against another low end DMR radio (Tyt MD-380) and it doesn't quite stack up. From what I can gather these are rebranded Kydera DM-880 radios however I wasn't able to get the Kydera CPS to even attempt to read the radio (their CPS makes Tytera's look award winning).

Pros:
- Looks like a Hytera PD78x knockoff
- uses cheap programming cable (Baofeng etc)
- Nice bright color screen
- battery life seems adequate
- DMR audio sounds very good
- Holds down loose papers on a windy day

Cons:
- Very very poor programming software
- Big screen but can only use 10 characters for aliases
- Scans VERY slow
- screen auto backlight dimmer doesn't work while scanning (always stays fully lit)
- Can't scan from analog channels (what?!)
- Can't set a channel as RX only
- Programming layout is very weird. Can have 32 channels in a zone but it has to be 16 analog and 16 digital. Then you need to press a programmed key to switch to/from analog to digital
- Very poor selectivity (for ex. transmitting on 154.6000 bleeds over onto 154.6200)

As expected you get what you pay for. If you wanted a cheap DMR radio to sit on your table to listen to your local PD/FD etc it works quite nicely. But if you want to scan multiple channels or really do anything else with it... look elsewhere. The Tytera is definitely the better radio at a very similar price point, and naturally doesn't hold a candle to a Hytera or Motorola.

Rating: 2.5/5

Edfox427

Premium Subscriber
I just purchased one myself, and me being my dumb self. I thought I would be able to program it from the radio. Do you know what Baofeng cable it uses? (I have one for the UV-82) and do you know where I could find the programming software? (is it on a cd or internet)

w5rag

Also there should be a little CD with the radio. You'd think that they would provide a cable if they provide the software. If it isn't with yours, PM me and I'll send you a .ZIP file. There is a link on their website that looks like it should have software but it doesn't. Maybe it's my Chinese :)

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Mine didn't come with a cable or software... I used a cable I already had and got the software from the guy I bought it from. I'll upload it somewhere and post a link.

autovet

Scan

Followup.... I found one of these on eBay for $90 so I purchased it to compare against another low end DMR radio (Tyt MD-380) and it doesn't quite stack up. From what I can gather these are rebranded Kydera DM-880 radios however I wasn't able to get the Kydera CPS to even attempt to read the radio (their CPS makes Tytera's look award winning).

Pros:
- Looks like a Hytera PD78x knockoff
- uses cheap programming cable (Baofeng etc)
- Nice bright color screen
- battery life seems adequate
- DMR audio sounds very good
- Holds down loose papers on a windy day

Cons:
- Very very poor programming software
- Big screen but can only use 10 characters for aliases
- Scans VERY slow
- screen auto backlight dimmer doesn't work while scanning (always stays fully lit)
- Can't scan from analog channels (what?!)
- Can't set a channel as RX only
- Programming layout is very weird. Can have 32 channels in a zone but it has to be 16 analog and 16 digital. Then you need to press a programmed key to switch to/from analog to digital
- Very poor selectivity (for ex. transmitting on 154.6000 bleeds over onto 154.6200)

As expected you get what you pay for. If you wanted a cheap DMR radio to sit on your table to listen to your local PD/FD etc it works quite nicely. But if you want to scan multiple channels or really do anything else with it... look elsewhere. The Tytera is definitely the better radio at a very similar price point, and naturally doesn't hold a candle to a Hytera or Motorola.

Rating: 2.5/5

How did you get yours to scan. I created the scan lists and went into scan mode. it sais start scan then goes back to the regular mode. any tricks I missed? Please email brandon@centralprocessingcompany.com

Status
Not open for further replies.