RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Budget and Entry Level Transceivers

Budget and Entry Level Transceivers - For discussion of budget or entry level radios such as Baofeng, Wouxun, Puxing and other radio communications designated as commercial but not targeted for Amateur or GMRS. Also included are MURS and ISM 900MHz designed radios.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-17-2017, 10:09 PM

Default MD-2017 Speaker Mic

So I have both MD-390 and now the MD2017. I am hoping someone has found a good speaker mic that works with the connector or has someone identified the connector? Is it a Motorola connector?

Thanks
Ben
Sponsored links
Old 09-18-2017, 6:02 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

2 more things...

Your_account - you can use the Chrome Browser and enable the "Google Sheets" extension. It will allow to create and modify any excel spreadsheet.

As far as the antenna connector. They are for sale on eBay for $6.
Old 10-11-2017, 9:55 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default 2.5 kHz Channel Stepping for Programming

I know the radio does 12.5/20/25 kHz for analog and 12.5 kHz for DMR. Does anyone know if the MD-2017 can do 2.5 kHz channel stepping for programming analog frequencies into memory?

I would like to set aside a zone/group as receive only but the frequencies are narrowbanded and need the 2.5 kHz stepping in order for successful programming.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:41 PM

What's the current bug status on this radio? Are there any fixes still in the works that we should wait for, or does this rig work right?
Old 10-22-2017, 1:28 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Until they do something about the flimsy SMA connector, the radio is not ready yet for prime time. One local distributor is replacing the connector with a more rugged version before he sells it. Atlantic Technologies, in Melbourne Florida.
Old 10-22-2017, 1:33 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bndavis6 View Post
So I have both MD-390 and now the MD2017. I am hoping someone has found a good speaker mic that works with the connector or has someone identified the connector? Is it a Motorola connector?

Thanks
Ben
It uses a Motorola C1SM-MC5 microphone.
https://www.amazon.com/Retevis-Water...017+microphone
-or-
https://www.amazon.com/C1SM-MC5-Spea...017+microphone
Old 10-23-2017, 11:21 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bndavis6 View Post

Thanks
Ben
Ham Radio Outlet has the speaker/mic for $20. https://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-015822
Old 11-16-2017, 10:51 AM

Default random transmitting...

Hi!
I have 2 of these radios. Both act the same. Every once in a while the rig begins to transmit on its own. When I look over I see it is in transmit mode. Both rigs have up to date firmware and programming. It has done this even with older firmware and programming programs.Any suggestions, corrections? tnx, jb
Old 11-17-2017, 8:46 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question Tyt md2017

Recently purchased this unit. Installed the program on my HP computer running windows 10.
Every time I try to read the radio, I get a square box with the info, "Invalid port #"
I read that there was a programming cable problem on early cables and manufacturer has corrected the problem. Is this problem being caused by the cable? If not how can I fix it?
Old 01-19-2018, 10:42 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question Is anyone working on a MD Tools for the 2017

Just wondering if there is anyone working on an updated firmware like they have for the MD - 380 ?

Maybe an alpha version ?

Thanks

Bill
Old 07-08-2018, 12:33 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrw14493 View Post
Buytwowayradio had a promotion. Enter a promo code and the thing was offered at 175.

I did get an email back this morning. Says the buttons are not activated out of the box. I read it out and they're indeed programmed. They are also honoring the price and issuing me a refund for the difference. At least the customer service is good.
Not to drag you back into a year old thread but did you ever get the buttons working or just get a return?
http://www.codeplugsupersite.com