RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Budget and Entry Level Transceivers

Budget and Entry Level Transceivers - For discussion of budget or entry level radios such as Baofeng, Wouxun, Puxing and other radio communications designated as commercial but not targeted for Amateur or GMRS. Also included are MURS and ISM 900MHz designed radios.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-26-2017, 11:01 AM

Default Retevis RT-82 - initial impressions

Here's a short video about the RT-82 if anyone is interested in this model.
https://youtu.be/778MUbQ2sZc
Sponsored links
Old 09-13-2017, 12:19 PM

Hello I was wondering if you have tried the scanning feature on this radio, I bought a MD 2017 and it with only 10 channels in the scan list it scans really slow, we are talking it missed the first 8 to 10 seconds of every transmission, sometimes I would miss the entire call. There are alot of repeaters in my area so I need a radio that scans quick that is dmr and dual band, can tell me how quick the scan is? How long the delay is before it stops on transmission? And how Manny channels can be in a scan list? Thank you in advance
Old 09-13-2017, 12:27 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Retevis is a clone/rebadge of TYT, and has the same internals and firmware and programming software. You aren't going to get any significant performance difference between them.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:33 PM

Sadly, mine does seem rather slow in the scan department - but so many radios now have slow scan speeds, I don't think it's that unusual.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:27 PM

My MD 380 and 390, and my radioddity dual band Dmr radio scan very quickly. It's just the radioddity only can have 16 channel scan list. So I can't scan all the channels, specially when alot are Dmr and you need 2 channels per repeater one for each slot, anyone know of any dual band Dmr radios that scan quickly?
Sponsored links
Old 09-14-2017, 2:09 AM

Confused now - the speed at which they scan is quick? Is it? I thought it quite slow. There are only two dual band DMR radios at the moment and they're based on the same design.

The scan list is like this, scanning wise because in business radio, they don't have the huge numbers of talkgroups hams have, so they rarely fill the radios up. I doubt this quite radical change to the basic design can be implemented. They are what they are?