• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help programming GD-77

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2hrg

Hi All:
I'm trying to find a good example of how to program the Radioddity GD-77. I have downloaded the software, but I'm a little confused as to how to program talk groups?

Can someone point me in the direction of a wiki, or step by step guide? maybe even a screenshot?
Thanks for reading, and thank you in advance.

Rocky

bjornepappa

There are lots of YouTube guides for programming TYT MD-380. The CPS seems to be almost the same. Even Motorola DMR / MOTOTRBO programming is similar, check YouTube for those as well.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

TIPPIE

SAME PROBLEM HERE. Their is a group on FACEBOOK, "Radioddity," that gives a few hints. I haven't been able to find anything either. Not with a step by step layout.

teufler

I assume you have the GD77 software install, so open and look at the left side of screen. General settings, you store your dmr id here. Tabs above General Settings, not very important at this time. Cick Contacts, digital contacts, do this next. Ener the ids and contact names you want to use. After that, click channels and store input information for each channel , along with the contact. Take the first dmr repeater, find out what color code , slots are 1 or 2, enter the frequency and the contact name. After all contacts for an individual repeater are stored, go to the zone tab . Name the zone for something you can remember, drag the channels for the zone, aND SAVE. Even though a channel is stored, the information is not available to the radio until you have put it in a zone. If you want to scan a zone, go to the bottom on the left side, create a scan list pretty much like you created a zone. Now yu have to go back to channels if you have created zones and scan lists. At this point, save the file you have created. Plug in your radio to a computer and send file to a radio. Here is an attached file that you can look at.,File is zipped per RR requirements

Attachments

• 0926_234959.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:

N2OAD

Rocky,
If you have Facebook, there are 2 Groups for the GD77. Radioddity GD-77 and Radioddity Two Way. There is a lot of info there. If you want, I have a code plug for Ocean/Monmouth County if you want to look at it to get an idea how to program the code plug. I use the Howell and Manahawkin repeaters to access. If you have any questions let me know.

Joe N2OAD (former Lyndhurst-ian) Happy 100th anniversary.

kc2hrg

Thank you all for the posts and suggestions. I'm doing research into the information you guys gave me. I'll update this post by end of day today. (9/27/2017)

Rocky

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Repeat after me... DMR is a totally different animal from analog; (again)... DMR is a totally different animal from analog; (again)... DMR is a totally different animal from analog!

Seriously - The concepts are different, the programming is different and, to an extent, the operation is different. It will be much easier for you to make sense of the programming requirements if you do some on-line research beforehand as to the general concepts involved. Without that background, the terms used in DMR will likely just cause confusion and frustration.

John

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
DMR Help

Read this write up... It might help

Attachments

• OH MY GOD.txt
    14.5 KB · Views: 2,036

kc2hrg

Good stuff everyone. The write up was a huge help. I'm still need to do some more research. But what everyone's help, I'm much further along.
Rocky

wb4lzw

Premium Subscriber
Conversion of TYT MD-380 to Radioddity GD-77

I'm using Contact Manager to convert code plugs from TYT to other DMR radios including CS. It does not appear that this software can used to convert TYT code plugs to the GD-77. Is there software available for that conversion?

N4GIX

Premium Subscriber
Read this write up... It might help

Nicely done, but I do wonder why you listed TAC310 TG#310 in the beginning where you list the partial Brandmeister TGs, then call it...

NATIONWIDE 310

in your programming example?

timnboys

19sargeusmc56

Regarding the Radioddity GD-77.....what's the deal with 2 different frequencies displaying on the display? 1 channel at a time would be nice, and the channel aliases that I added for the 250 channels I put into this personality would be fine. Can we get channel aliases on the display?

I have DMR channels programmed. I can talk out on a dmr channel. Works fine. The radio is not receiving inbound dmr traffic. Chan busy led lights up, so it's seeing the on channel carrier........

any assistance anyone could offer would be appreciated.

Semper Fi

19sargeusmc56

updating

I figured out how to get a single channel to display, and how to get the channel alias to display....but the durn thing will not receive an on channel DMR signal. It will talk out on that channel to other radios just fine.

I don't get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.