• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

TYT-MD380 Menu button not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Experiment626

Hello, after upgrading the firmware a while back, the menu button on my md380 stopped working. I have tried going back to several older firmware releases, but that doesn't fix it. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks.

Cyberider

Keyboard Locked

I, too, have this problem, even though I've never updated the firmware. Following the unlock procedure in the instruction manual has no effect, other than tell me that it's locked. It will tell me this only once unless I turn the radio off and back on again. I don't know how long it's been this way because I rarely use the keyboard. Radio works fine, otherwise. Sure would like to find a solution if anyone knows of one. Thanks.

Last edited:

namitutonka

Hello, after upgrading the firmware a while back, the menu button on my md380 stopped working. I have tried going back to several older firmware releases, but that doesn't fix it. Does anyone have any ideas on this? Thanks.
Hello,
I am in the same position. Did you find a solution ?
Keyboard Locked
I, too, have this problem, ....

My menu is now working. I'm able to select everything using the arrow keys. Had the same problem with a locked keyboard even after nearly a dozen different firmware .bin file flashes. Strangely, it changed for the better after flashing freshmd380.rdt from Programming | You and Your Tytera MD-380 DMR | Adafruit Learning System The download link fresh380rdt.zip is in a green box less than halfway down the page. The thread and download concerns the non-GPS MD-380, but I flashed it anyway onNow I don't have a TYT Model:MD-380G paperweight. For flashing fresh380.rdt I used TyteraFlashTool_v1_08c_BETA which I got from Télécharger Logiciel TyMD380Toolz de KG5RKI : Flash tool / MAJ firmware et contacts UserDB | OPEN DMR
Hope you have good luck with the .rdt file like I did.
73's, KC0BMC Mike in Denver

Aanother interesting MD-380 link is rct's notes: Read and Backup Tytera MD-380 calibration settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.