RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Budget and Entry Level Transceivers

Budget and Entry Level Transceivers - For discussion of budget or entry level radios such as Baofeng, Wouxun, Puxing and other radio communications designated as commercial but not targeted for Amateur or GMRS. Also included are MURS and ISM 900MHz designed radios.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2018, 8:13 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Problem with connecting AT-D868UV to Connect Systems Program

Good Evening,
I just received my AT-D868UV this afternoon. The battery is all charged and I connected the programming cable to the appropriate port on the radio. I download the connect systems D868UVE Software. I installed installed the 32 bit driver because I have Windows 10.

When I check the device manager I get com port 13. I then loaded the software and there is no com port 13 that is available. In fact I have 2 com port 10's and 1 com port 11 available. So more or less, nothing at all. Plus, I also get this message when I check the driver, Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52).

I don't know where to go from here. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. Here I thought I would be able to program the radio and load the DMR-Marc database. But that is definitely a no go right now.
Thanks!
Mark Griffin, KB3Z
Sponsored links
Old 02-08-2018, 8:28 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yes the CGI File download worked very well.
I will just need to use the contact manager program to move Channels and Zones around.
Thanks for the advice.
Dave
N1DPD
Old 02-08-2018, 11:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Well, the problem is the device driver. My windows 10 computer does not like the device driver. Either that or the programming cable is bad. I have written connect software and will see what they have to say about this. Why is nothing ever simple????
Old 02-10-2018, 9:41 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks for the reset feature. My radio just went dead during programming. Thought it had a dead battery. Not that, as they were both good. Was ready to ship back and found this website. The reset works and I am back on the air, so to speak. I noticed there is a new update, as of a few days ago...

AT-D868UV Firmware Updates

v2.25

I'll try that eventually.

Thanks,

Roger W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Old 02-10-2018, 10:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Guys,
I took the digital contact list and sent the data to my radio. I see PC Write on the screen. After it is done it tells me it is writing and don't turn off the radio. And yet, when I check the contact list on the radio, there isn't anything there. Why?
Mark Griffin, KB3Z
Sponsored links
Old 02-11-2018, 7:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Well, it seems this morning that when it rains it pours with this radio. I turned on the radio and the display was working fine. But, I was turning the channel knob on the top and then turned the radio off. So I turned it on again and no display. When I turn on the radio I get a tiny flicker but that's all. Yes, both the batteries are charged and are installed correctly on the radio.

Also, when I use the connect systems software, it doesn't seem to be communicating properly with the radio. Yes, the digital signing feature has been turned off via advanced options. But when I choose to read from the radio, it starts but then the program hangs up.

I wrote a message to anytone tech this morning and explained the situation. They are in South Dakota, so I doubt that I will hear from them before tomorrow. Right now the radio is worthless from the stand point that I can't see anything to even do a complete reset.

Has anyone else experienced this?
Mark Griffin, KB3Z
Old 02-11-2018, 9:56 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastormg2 View Post
Guys,
I took the digital contact list and sent the data to my radio. I see PC Write on the screen. After it is done it tells me it is writing and don't turn off the radio. And yet, when I check the contact list on the radio, there isn't anything there. Why?
Mark Griffin, KB3Z
Nothing to see until you hear a QSO then if the DMR ID# is found in the contact list that data will be put up on the screen until the person unkeys.

Sorry to hear about your other problem.

Mike

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...
Old 02-11-2018, 10:00 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default AT-D868UV Issue

Hi Mike,
I will probably have to wait to hear from Connect Systems on that one.
But I currently have WR3IRS programmed into the radio. I also have talk group 12 programmed into the radio.
I did have talk group 1, but changed it to 12.
But If there is activity on the repeater I get no audio what so ever. I transmit and I'm sure someone is responding, yet I don't hear anything.
I never realized that DMR programming was so complicated.
Any help on that?
Mark Griffin, KB3Z
Old 02-11-2018, 8:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Mark,
If the person is using talk group 3 then using 1 or 12 will not allow you to hear them. The channel must also have the correct color code and time slot.

Using the digital monitor (2 slot) will allow you to hear and see on the screen if the transmission is different than what you programmed.

I wouldn’t say it complicated just difficult at first understanding how the data comes together to give you a working codeplug.

See if you can find a YouTube video covering DMR programming. By now they should have gotten better. Details will differ from radio to radio but the general concept will be the same.

Mike

P.S. For a typical analog HT you would have one channel for each repeater. For DMR you will have a channel for each combination of Color Code, Time Slot and Talk Group for that repeater. At first it seems overwhelming to have to repeat a channel with all the same information except for a talk group change. You’ll get accustomed to the redundancy. :-)

Last edited by mcscanner; 02-11-2018 at 8:53 PM..
Old 02-15-2018, 8:59 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Just got the radio and set a powerup password

I promptly forgot the password and tried the factory reset with no luck, any suggestions?
Old Yesterday, 9:37 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I've not fallen into that yet and can only make suggestions.

If you have a codeplug saved that represents the latest data, then reset radio or before that look at the password used in that codeplug. Its in Optional Setting -->Power-On tab. Default is 12345678.

At power on can the CPS still read the radio. That might be the way to recover the password.

You may have keystroked yourself into a corner!

Good Luck,
Mike

P.S. I see you tried to reset so skip that part.

Old Yesterday, 1:58 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I was able to get into programming via software after battling a pesky USB driver issue.
I have turned off the power on password. Wow! What a big leap forward in programming complexity.