• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone d868uv not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I just received a Anytone 868 from Connect Systems today and it appears to have stopped working. I charged both batteries prior to use. Before the problem began, I powered the radio up successfully using both batteries. I was able to program a few frequencies via the CPS V1.18 software. I had not gotten as far as updating the firmware. I had problems with this, closed the computer for a while, and began looking through the menus on the radio.

While switching channels, the radio was receiving traffic on the channels I programmed. I began encountering problems by using the up down center key. The radio became "hung up" and displayed something like "Switch Zone 1". Turning the radio off/ on was able to reset this. However, the last time it happened, the radio would not come on.

I am not sure if the radio is not turning on or the display is just "off". When I am plugging the device into the computer by USB I am now getting a message "USB device not recognized". The only indication I am getting of some sort of power to the radio is, if I turn the radio off/ on, I hear the disconnect/ connect tone from the USB. I can also remove the battery and hear the disconnect USB tone.

From the reviews I have read, this radio sounds decent. Any ideas, or does this need to go back?

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Thus far, I have found the D868 to be a worthwhile addition to my stable of radios. I would suggest that you give Connect Systems a call. Their technical support is well thought of and I'm sure that they will let you know if you need to send the radio back.

John AC4JK

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
snip...

I was able to program a few frequencies via the CPS V1.18 software. I had not gotten as far as updating the firmware. I had problems with this, closed the computer for a while, and began looking through the menus on the radio.

snip...

I went thru the update on mine and recall that the instructions are to do the firmware first then use the CPS associated with that firmware.

The 2.17 to 2.18 change document indicates some new features added which I'm expecting creates a codeplug with new data not consistent with the previous firmware. Placing data in the radio at the wrong memory location creating faulty operation.

I looked for the press and hold while turning on the radio. The only one I found was to get into the update mode. I believe there is one for resetting the radio using different buttons at turn on time. I'm not sure that would help, but it might.

I'm sure CS will be able to get you going.

Good Luck!

Mike

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for both of your help. I just got off the phone with CSI and they gave me the factory reset procedure which is: Press and hold the PTT and Side Button 1 while turning the radio on. Radio reset OK, now I'm going to see what happens with the firmware update, etc.

Thanks!

NF9C

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, tglendye

I experienced the same problem with my Anytone AT-D868UV Handheld, and thought my radio was dead but, I followed the reset instructions that you posted from what a representative told you to do and my radio came back to life! Thanks for posting

4fdf

Hello, I have met this forum looking for the problems of the walkie ANYTONE AT-D868UV GPS version 2 on the internet.
I have registered and see if you can help me for the proper functioning of this device that initially seemed very interesting, but that has disappointed me a lot, since it works very badly in digital DMR.
Greetings to all from Madrid Spain

Hola, he conocido este foro buscando en internet los problemas del walkie ANYTONE AT-D868UV GPS versión 2.
Me he dado de alta y ver si se pueden ayudarme para el buen funcionamiento de este aparato que de principio parecia muy interesante, pero que me ha defraudado mucho, ya que funciona muy mal en digital DMR.
Saludos para todos desde Madrid España

4fdf

I decided to buy the walkie ANYTONE AT-D868UV GPS V2.18 for how small it is and for the features it seemed to have, but it is not like that, in vhf and uhf digital DMR, it DOES NOT WORK, MISLEADING FAILURE ..
Disappointing....

I have 4 walkies, a TYT MD380, a baofeng DM-5R PIUs, a RADIODDITY gd-77 and a hytera pd 375 and all receive well in digital, I can communicate in digital between the four but .. with the Anytone AT-D868UV is not possible digital communication, it emits but in reception it is interrupted continuously.

In the Anytone AT-D868UV every several seconds of digital reception loses the signal, especially with my openSpot MMDVM, I have four digital walkies among them baofeng and they do not lose the signal, in the Anytone I get continuously (group call hend) and in a second continues with the reception, so continuously, there is no way to listen to a QSO conversation in DMR, it is continuously interrupted, returns to the main screen and then continues, continuously loses the signal (call end) the green light flashes, with the other waalkies they do not lose signal and they sound perfectly ..

*I have changed frequencies in 430 and 144 but it is still the same ... I have tried almost everything, but there is no way, the reception is cut continuously, I have reset it thinking it would be a firmware failure and I have put few channels to see How about ... but nothing, still failing a lot in digital channels, I do not know what to do ..

You also hear a continuous buzzing sound VERY ANNOYED when you open the sound in digital, and the audio in low level is heard quite loud, annoying to listen at night and disturb the sleepers at home.

I really like its design and its features. If they worked well, they would be sold by thousands since it is a very compact walkie with many possibilities.

I ask engineers and manufacturers of this walquie, please take out some firmware to repair the DIGITAL RECEPTION.

I hope you solve it please ...

*I do not want to think that I have thrown away my money.

regards

NF9C

Premium Subscriber
Anytone problems

This message probably comes a little late for you but, I would like to ask if you have tried the latest firmware upgrade to see if that fixes your problem? Also it is perhaps you just got a bad radio. I hope you contacted the place that you bought the radio from and requests a replacement. Some sellers for this radio will honor the one year manufacturer warranty by replacing or fixing the radio. The only cost to you would be shipping the radio back to them.

zuren

I'm replying to subscribe to this thread.

I'm considering a new radio and the Anytone D868UV is a possibility but it seems that there are someongoing firmware issues. Powerwerx is selling radios with firmware version 2.21, but somewhere I read that there may be a version 2.23 coming.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Firmware version 2.21 has been the best so far for the Anytone D868. According to some beta testers, 2.23 appears to be even better, but it has not yet been approved for distribution. (BTW, last night I read that there will be no version 2.22... they went directly to 2.23)

Also, FWIW, I often use my D868 in conjunction with an OpenSpot and it seems to work fine.

John AC4JK

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
To the original poster.. I was having the same issue with the Anytone cutting out like you mentioned. I found under the other options tab a setting for Priority was set to a channel. Try turning that off and it should solve your problem with it cutting out. It worked for me. Good Luck!
Dave
N1DPD

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Correction the setting is on the Digital Fun tab. Look for Priority Channel A and Channel B and set them both off.
Dave

prcguy

Firmware 2.24 has just been released.
prcguy

Firmware version 2.21 has been the best so far for the Anytone D868. According to some beta testers, 2.23 appears to be even better, but it has not yet been approved for distribution. (BTW, last night I read that there will be no version 2.22... they went directly to 2.23)

Also, FWIW, I often use my D868 in conjunction with an OpenSpot and it seems to work fine.

John AC4JK

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
I installed the new firmware with no problem. The problem that I did run into is that the newer CPS version 1.24 does not work with Contact Manager for maintaining your contact list. The person who maintains the Contact Manager program said that an update will not be available for at least a few months. He suggested using the older version CPS 1.21 to maintain contacts and then use 1.24 to load the codeplug into the radio.
Thought you might like to know that.

Thanks,
Dave
N1DPD

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I installed the new firmware with no problem. The problem that I did run into is that the newer CPS version 1.24 does not work with Contact Manager for maintaining your contact list. The person who maintains the Contact Manager program said that an update will not be available for at least a few months. He suggested using the older version CPS 1.21 to maintain contacts and then use 1.24 to load the codeplug into the radio.
Thought you might like to know that.

Thanks,
Dave
N1DPD

I used 1.24 to import a new contact list and it worked flawlessly. Downloaded the CGI file from the server, pointed the CPS at it and loaded it to the radio.. No need for other software..

dmaria

I used 1.24 to import a new contact list and it worked flawlessly. Downloaded the CGI file from the server, pointed the CPS at it and loaded it to the radio.. No need for other software..

The Contact manager software also allows you to export the code plug to different radios such as the MD-380 (which I have) and vice-versa, so for those of us with multiple radios, there is a need for other software.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
The Contact manager software also allows you to export the code plug to different radios such as the MD-380 (which I have) and vice-versa, so for those of us with multiple radios, there is a need for other software.

I have a 380 also.. It runs TYToolz.. and the KG5RKI software works fine for updating the database. I also use the N0GSG contact manager software for moving things around easily in a codeplug. Didn't say anything about not using it. Just stated that the CPS could do it without all the extra steps.

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
The problem I had was that Contact Manager would not read the codeplug created with the 1.24 CPS.
I have not tried to import from the CGI file.
Will have to give that I try!
Thanks,
Dave
N1DPD

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
The problem I had was that Contact Manager would not read the codeplug created with the 1.24 CPS.
I have not tried to import from the CGI file.
Will have to give that I try!
Thanks,
Dave
N1DPD
Let me know if it was as easy for you as it was for me..

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.