• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone AT-D868UV not displaying contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The AT-D868 is not displaying contacts that have been loaded in the Digital Contact List.
I have tried formatting and importing contacts downloaded from datadump.cgi; I have also erased all of these, reset the radio, and loaded only a couple of contacts I programmed directly from the CPS (This is CPS 1.20 and firmware 2.20). It displays the id number correctly, but none of the other info. This happens whether the digital monitor is on or not. It receives the audio just fine, and displays the correct contact number, but none of the info. This is also true whether the subchannel is turned off or on.

Also, yes, I have checked the box to download the contacts in the CPS.

Have I forgotten some checkbox somewhere?

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
It seems like you have taken all the correct steps. My 868 shows complete contact information but not all the time. Possibly because at this time I have only loaded TX contacts. Another possibly is I’m sitting on a channel that because digital monitoring is on and the QSO is on another TG it displays the channel information instead of the contact information. Only a theory at this point. I noted contact information was not always displayed but chalked it up to incomplete data set.

Mike

Thanks for your reply.

I have only Group Call TGs in the "Talk Groups" section, and only private call DMR IDs in the "Digital Contact" List.

I am getting the correct talkgroup id displayed, and the DMR ID does display at the top, but the part of the screen where caller information should be is blank. It seems to me this has actually worked on a few occasions, but these were random events that I cannot duplicate no matter what settings I use.

vk4pi

I have suffering the same problem. After playing around with settings, I found turning on digital monitor on, under digital fun of optional setting, well to single slot. (not sure what the difference between single slot and double slot).

Hope this helps

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply.

I have only Group Call TGs in the "Talk Groups" section, and only private call DMR IDs in the "Digital Contact" List.

I am getting the correct talkgroup id displayed, and the DMR ID does display at the top, but the part of the screen where caller information should be is blank. It seems to me this has actually worked on a few occasions, but these were random events that I cannot duplicate no matter what settings I use.

Sometimes I get the full contact information taking up all the screen top to bottom and other times just the operators name at the bottom. I'm thinking first time ID# seen full screen then just name on 2nd and beyond.

Last Talk group and User display is random too.

More work on the firmware which has come a long way from when I first got the radio is still needed.

868 hears my CS580 on simplex no problem. CS580 does not hear the 868. At this point as others have used simplex with a small sample of radios, but not the CS580 I think the issue is with the CS580.

Mike

P.S. Anyone have an idea of what Anytone calls 'talk permit' so you know the repeater heard you and the time slot is clear to start talking?

Sometimes I get the full contact information taking up all the screen top to bottom and other times just the operators name at the bottom. I'm thinking first time ID# seen full screen then just name on 2nd and beyond.

P.S. Anyone have an idea of what Anytone calls 'talk permit' so you know the repeater heard you and the time slot is clear to start talking?

I noticed last night while listening to a repeater that, for about half a second, I got the full display on a couple of calls, but it quickly reverted to what I normally get, which is the caller id at the top, blank, and then the TG at the bottom. Gotta be a software glitch somewhere.

As far as "talk permit" is concerned, it appears to be automatic and not toggle-able. I tried connecting to a repeater I know is out of range, and after three seconds, I got a beep and a "Repeater not found" warning box. No idea how to alter the wait time or turn it off/on.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I noticed last night while listening to a repeater that, for about half a second, I got the full display on a couple of calls, but it quickly reverted to what I normally get, which is the caller id at the top, blank, and then the TG at the bottom. Gotta be a software glitch somewhere.

As far as "talk permit" is concerned, it appears to be automatic and not toggle-able. I tried connecting to a repeater I know is out of range, and after three seconds, I got a beep and a "Repeater not found" warning box. No idea how to alter the wait time or turn it off/on.

Doc,

Have you been keeping up with the updates? Now at CPS1.21 & FW2.21, but I don't see anything about changes to contact display.

Repeater not found is not in the Alert tab so not likely to be modified. To me "Talk Permit" is the beep just after keying my radio when the repeater recognizes me and I get the beep to go ahead and start talking. Something I have seen on my other DMR radios but not this one. Admittedly not played with the alert tones to see if it is named different.

Mike

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Definitely. New features all the time, but no improvement in the call data display at all.

Doc,

A couple of days ago Contact Manager v2.46 was released allowing access and update to the 868 codeplug. Grabbed the latest user database from DMR-MARC (80,000). Pushed it into the codeplug and loaded it to the radio.

My impression is contact information is more consistently displayed than when I only had the TX population in the radio.

I'm not sure if selecting the channel that Bandmister net was on helped. Usually I just park the channel select on the 1st talk group for that repeater and let the digital monitor do the work. Once I saw a net was up I moved over to the 9000 talk group which is the TX link to Bandmister.

mike

Yes, I tried Contact Manager 2.46.

I have tried both manually importing datadump.cgi, and also via Contact Manager.
Still no luck with displaying private call data. Not sure what is left to try at this point.

KR3LC

Premium Subscriber
Reply to simplex issue

I have the CS 580 and the D868 too and had this same problem with simplex. I found that when setting up a simplex channel in the CPS DO NOT CHECK the simplex TDMA box. Leave it unchecked. This allows full interoperability on simplex between the CS580, the D868, an MD-380 and a CS710.

Rick - KR3LC

QUOTE=mcscanner;2861124]Sometimes I get the full contact information taking up all the screen top to bottom and other times just the operators name at the bottom. I'm thinking first time ID# seen full screen then just name on 2nd and beyond.

Last Talk group and User display is random too.

More work on the firmware which has come a long way from when I first got the radio is still needed.

868 hears my CS580 on simplex no problem. CS580 does not hear the 868. At this point as others have used simplex with a small sample of radios, but not the CS580 I think the issue is with the CS580.

Mike

P.S. Anyone have an idea of what Anytone calls 'talk permit' so you know the repeater heard you and the time slot is clear to start talking?[/QUOTE]

V-17

Optional settings /alert tone tab / call tone. choices are: digital, analog, both, or none. It will give you a short beep about a sec after you key if your hitting the repeater.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Rick, KR3LC

With another report of simplex working across radios I broke out the CS750 which I had reboxed ready to sell. It seems that the CS580 will not pass audio on simplex receive, but does indicate a received signal via the signal strength indicator. Firmware is 1.1.0. It does pass audio in monitor mode and display the correct CC, TG.

K9OHV,
Thanks for the heads up on the 'call tone'. Once you get use to hearing it on other radios it becomes a 'must have'. :)

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
In the previous post I commented the CS580 will not pass audio in simplex with my D868.

I have only one DMR ID# which I used in both radio. The source of my problem is the CS580 when the other radio has the same ID#. The D868 does not care.

It was easy to assign a different ID# in the D868 for only the simplex channels. Once that was done the CS580 passed audio without issues.

Mike

ka1jbe

anytone at-d868uv private calls?

How do I see the list so I can make a private call?
I don't see a button that I can program to see the list.
I believe I programmed it correct.

Thanks,
Joe ka1jbe

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
How do I see the list so I can make a private call?
I don't see a button that I can program to see the list.
I believe I programmed it correct.

Thanks,
Joe ka1jbe

Joe,
They go in the talk group tab as Private Call with all your others like North America which are Group Call.

Then on the radio press double bar red under LIST and select your private call among the list of group calls.

Mike

ka1jbe

anytone at-d868uv

so I can't find where to press and it shows a choice of private calls or group calls.
I press the button with the 2 dashes under the list, but it says book empty.
I can't seem to find a button that allows me to choice a group or private call.
I have everything programmed in correctly I believe.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
so I can't find where to press and it shows a choice of private calls or group calls.
I press the button with the 2 dashes under the list, but it says book empty.
I can't seem to find a button that allows me to choice a group or private call.
I have everything programmed in correctly I believe.

In my opinion if the book is empty then you have not programmed everything correctly.

The radio does not have a function were group and private are separated for selection. You can't tell from the attachment that under Digital-->Talk Groups is selected and that's the information to the right.

I'm betting you are using Digital Contact List. That's only for display on the radio during receive of the operators information based on his transmitted ID#.

If the Talk Groups section is empty how do you select a TG when you program a channel?

Mike

Attachments

• TalkGroups.jpg
    TalkGroups.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 373
Status
Not open for further replies.