• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone Anytone AT-D868UV - Digital Monitor not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

grahampaull

Hi, My digital Monitor does not seem to be working, I am on FW 2.21 but when I go to channel/freq and enable Digital Monitor i can see the TG and Radio ID showing on screen but I hear no audio, every now and again I will get some audio.

I have some videos of the issue : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oh_bqzeUvc | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QPyT3bOPR0 | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BB6MXiySQk and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4q2UAT1fvU

You can ever so slightly hear a slight hum when they Radio ID shows up.

Any ideas ?

In the CPS General Setting item, "Group Call Match" and "Private Call Match" should be un-checked. Also, for the channel, try setting both "Admit criteria" and "In Call Criteria" to Always. Also make sure "Privacy" is set to Off, and DCDM Switch should be Off.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
I with grahampaull on this as I don't see those items in CPS 1.21.

grahampaull, find a net that has traffic and see what you think. They were talking about the fact the 868 does not pass 'kurchuncks'. I'm thinking that with digital monitor on it is reporting the various channel info without any audio to pass.

mike

grahampaull

Mike, I'm not 100%sure what you mean. I think you mean that the radio is picking up on digital data but that data has no audio to pass?

If I put this radio beside my GD-77 on the same frequency I get audio from the GD-77 but not the 868 in Digital Monitor mode.

If I program a channel in with the correct TGs,CC, Slot etc the audio comes through fine. It's only in Digital Monitor mode that I have the issue.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Yes that is what I meant.

I'm thinking maybe digital monitor processing time impacts received audio based on your information about using a correctly programmed channel.

Seem like a reasonable conclusions.

Mike

grahampaull

Yes that is what I meant.

I'm thinking maybe digital monitor processing time impacts received audio based on your information about using a correctly programmed channel.

Seem like a reasonable conclusions.

Mike
Yeah, and it seems to be a hardware issue as I have tried all FWs from 2.18 up to 2.21 and they all do the same thing. Very frustrating.

I don't see any of those settings in the CPS ? I am using CPS v1.21

Ooops, sorry, I brought up the CPS for a different radio. That's what I get for having all this stuff on the computer.

Under Optional Setting, Digital Function tab, make sure that Digital Monitor is set to "Double Slot", Digital Monitor CC and ID are both set to "Any".

As already mentioned, the radio does pass "kerchunks" in monitor mode; also note that Openspots, etc. pass "kerchunk" type signals when they attach and detach from TGs, and I do see those on the radio.

Also, did you do the BaseBand update? Could be related:

This updating is for resolving the issue.
If I am talking on time slot 1 and another person starts talking on time slot 2,
my receiver on time slot 1 will be muted while the other person is talking.

Last edited:

grahampaull

I checked the monitor settings and can confirm I have set 2 slots, CC and ID to any.

I don't the baseband provided by Connect Systems on the 21st December, is this the latest baseband update?

I think I need to learn a bit more what these "kerchunks" are lol.
4d8e25e37c6f2e4b47a7c4181f7d2795.jpg

Yes, this is the latest (only) baseband update I know about.

"Kerchunks" are signals that appear when someone briefly keys their radio without saying anything. However, if you are hearing audio on your GD-77 but not on the 868, it isn't a "kerchunk". Maybe there is still some bug in the firmware.

grahampaull

Yeah, this definitely isn't a Kerchunk. If you listen closely to the videos above you will hear a slight hum when someone keys the mic.

Yeah, I have the latest baseband installed. I think I will get this returned ASAP.

grahampaull

Another observation I have noticed is when it is sitting side by side with the GD-77 it will miss some calls even when the code plug has all the correct parameters like CC, TS and TGs, almost as if it is when someone replies to quick to a call it does not pick up the call.

I have asked the seller to exchange this so hopefully the replacement is better.

Strange, by and large I have had little trouble with the 868, but the GD-77 has been nothing but problems. If they don't get the software and firmware straightened out soon, it's going to wind up on ebay.
By the way, I noticed last night that the call detail display actually worked! But I was using the openSpot, not a repeater. I wonder if some of this may be due to repeater mis/dis configuration?

grahampaull

Strange, by and large I have had little trouble with the 868, but the GD-77 has been nothing but problems. If they don't get the software and firmware straightened out soon, it's going to wind up on ebay.
By the way, I noticed last night that the call detail display actually worked! But I was using the openSpot, not a repeater. I wonder if some of this may be due to repeater mis/dis configuration?

I love my GD-77, it's a real little workhorse, I was hoping the 868 would replace it but at the minute the 868 is boxed up ready to be sent back to the seller. I miss out on too much traffic.

grahampaull

Here is another video, this is not using digital monitor, as you can see the issue persists even with the correct colour code, TS and TGs added. This is by and far the most annoying issue.

https://youtu.be/Ch6UqyTP21Q

Strange. I have seen similar problems when listening to a repeater, but not with the openspot. By the way, I loaded the entire datadump.cgi, after cleaning it up with libreoffice, and the radio seems to be displaying data reliably, but again using the openspot, and not always from a repeater. I wonder just how compatible these radios really are with different brands of repeater.

Also, for what it's worth, my GD-77, which I have actually used very little, died. Something in the transmitter has quit; it transmits, but only noise, almost like it is transmitting digital even in analog mode, but it isn't a signal, it's just garbage. Not much hope for getting it replaced, I'm afraid.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Here is another video, this is not using digital monitor, as you can see the issue persists even with the correct colour code, TS and TGs added. This is by and far the most annoying issue.

https://youtu.be/Ch6UqyTP21Q

I noticed the stub antenna and horizontal position of the radio. You might try with the stock antenna in the vertical and see if you get the same results.

Mike

There is new v2.22 firmware out for the radio, has anyone tried it to see if these problems have been addressed?
prcguy

Where did you find this? It isn't on the Qixinag/Anytone website, at least not that I could find.
While searching, I also saw reference to 2.23, but again not on Qixiang/Anytone site.

prcguy

I got this email from my dealer on Jan 18th and also found it on the Qixianag site.

"Hi AnyTone AT-D868UV version II owner

Please update your AnyTone AT-D868UV firmware and CPS
This new firmware and CPS give you some new features also fix some bugs.

Please click here to download official new firmware 2.22 and CPS 1.22
This firmware and CPS only working on version II.

If you have the version I, please contact us for correct firmware and CPS.

Thank you and have a nice day."

I downloaded it but don't have the smarts to install it yet.

prcguy

Where did you find this? It isn't on the Qixinag/Anytone website, at least not that I could find.
While searching, I also saw reference to 2.23, but again not on Qixiang/Anytone site.

Status
Not open for further replies.