RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Budget and Entry Level Transceivers

Budget and Entry Level Transceivers - For discussion of budget or entry level radios such as Baofeng, Wouxun, Puxing and other radio communications designated as commercial but not targeted for Amateur or GMRS. Also included are MURS and ISM 900MHz designed radios.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2018, 6:19 AM

Angry Bad experience buying Ailunce HD1

On January 30, 2018, I made the order and the payment through PayPal, to the company RETEVIS, of a walkys Ailunce model Hd1. As I indicated in the email sent to the seller at the time of purchase, I was urged to receive them as soon as possible for work reasons, even more, given the non-availability of the model with GPS (which really was the one that interested me) and due to this urgency, I opted to buy the model without GPS after confirming that they had it in stock.
Taking into account that according to what is advertised on the RETEVIS website, specifically in the section PURCHASE HELP \ ORDER PROCESING, it stipulates: "Your order will be sent within three business days according to the date of full payment. We will inform you of the tracking by email after sending your package. For out-of-stock items, we will contact you first thing in the morning and make changes as soon as possible after your answer. YES "
I needed to have the items at the end of this week, to start working on February 10 (fact that was commented to the seller), so when placing the order I hired the shipping option with the transport company DHL and delivery 3- 7 working days, discarding options from other sellers with better prices because they did not meet the delivery deadline that I needed.
For several days I have been interested in the status of the shipment and I was every day with a different excuse, the seller has been giving me at all times, what's more, I came to think I had stock problems despite having confirmed what contrary.
On February 08, finally, he provides me with a tracking number for the DHL company, therefore it takes 9 days to provide this number, when according to the contract, the shipment should have already reached its destination, having clearly breached the conditions advertised in as regards the handling and delivery times of the products. However, seeing that on the transport page does not update the shipment information, I make arrangements and check that it is simply a pre-registration and that the transport company does not yet have the package to proceed with the transfer.
I have a moral obligation to have this disastrous experience, so that in some way it can serve as a guide and help to the future buyers of this company, making a recommendation for you to consider very seriously what you said before buying your products.
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2018, 6:36 AM
Lead Wiki Manager
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

When you decided to buy this radio directly from a seller in China, you understood that there might be shipping or communications problems, didn't you?

"The whole world's living in a digital dream. It's not really there, it's all on the screen." -- WB6ACU
Old 02-09-2018, 6:53 AM

I can understand that there are problems, and I can even be naive to believe his publicity, but investigate about this company and I found nothing. So I think it's positive that you tell my experience so that if someone is interested in buying, I can learn from my mistake in trusting a Chinese company
Old 02-09-2018, 10:01 AM

When I needed a specific radio for work, and I had a hard deadline, I contacted a vendor I'd been working with for years. His shop is within 60 miles of me. I got the radio I needed and it was delivered overnight. He went as far to ship the radio to me and dealing with our purchasing group after the fact.

And this is why I never:
1. Buy stuff from sellers in China.
2. Buy low end Chinese radios.
3. Deal with any company that I cannot speak directly with.
4. Rely on an unknown company when I need something in a rush.

Yet others seem willing to do this time and time again to save a few bucks.

It's also why I build up relationships with vendors and keep the ones I trust. It's also why I'm willing to pay a bit more for something when I know I can trust the seller.

Sorry to hear of your negative experience, but this isn't the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. If you are really in a situation where you need a work radio on a rush like that, it's really worth it to spend the extra money.
Old 02-09-2018, 10:38 AM

I understand what you say and even share your point of view but one of the factors that made me write the post is the fact that if a seller from my country had done the same to me, I would have made a post to complain and in the end with the excuse that we already assume that China is not complaining and in the end comes another linnet as I see a website like that of retevis, well done and supposedly with good communication (talk to them before buying) and not find negative review then falls off.
Sponsored links
Old 02-09-2018, 10:53 AM
Lead Wiki Manager
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

As an additional data point for you, another Chinese radio manufacturer who is doing business in the U.S. is actively "buying" good reviews on Amazon (it's been discussed in another thread and I have personal knowledge of it happening). The deal is that if you buy the radio through Amazon, then post a good review, the seller will refund some or all of your purchase price through a "back door".

"The whole world's living in a digital dream. It's not really there, it's all on the screen." -- WB6ACU
Old 02-09-2018, 11:10 AM

Angry aggravated by the information

thank you very much for the information my friend

I was just about to buy an Aliunce HD1, since I have been following this product for some time and it seemed quite interesting, but seeing your externship with this company I will choose to buy the TYT mod. 2017 that I think is a good alternative and is offered through the AMAZON platform, which I can assure you are serious.

So based on your unpleasant shopping experience with RETEVIS a negative feedback on my part.

Thank you very much again for making us participate in this information.

Regards my friend.
Old 02-09-2018, 4:06 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default It's available on Amazon......

Did you even bother to check on Amazon for the Ailunce HD-1?
It has been available for sometime. I personally know a few people who have ordered
it .... https://www.amazon.com/Ailunce-3000C...ds=ailunce+hd1

It's fulfilled by Amazon. Just saying.
Old 02-09-2018, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfashionsniper View Post
On January 30, 2018, I made the order and the payment through PayPal, to the company RETEVIS, of a walkys Ailunce model Hd1. As I indicated in the email sent to the seller at the time of purchase, I was urged to receive them as soon as possible for work reasons, even more, given the non-availability of the model with GPS (which really was the one that interested me) and due to this urgency, I opted to buy the model without GPS after confirming that they had it in stock.
Taking into account that according to what is advertised on the RETEVIS website, specifically in the section PURCHASE HELP \ ORDER PROCESING, it stipulates: "Your order will be sent within three business days according to the date of full payment. We will inform you of the tracking by email after sending your package. For out-of-stock items, we will contact you first thing in the morning and make changes as soon as possible after your answer. YES "
I needed to have the items at the end of this week, to start working on February 10 (fact that was commented to the seller), so when placing the order I hired the shipping option with the transport company DHL and delivery 3- 7 working days, discarding options from other sellers with better prices because they did not meet the delivery deadline that I needed.
For several days I have been interested in the status of the shipment and I was every day with a different excuse, the seller has been giving me at all times, what's more, I came to think I had stock problems despite having confirmed what contrary.
On February 08, finally, he provides me with a tracking number for the DHL company, therefore it takes 9 days to provide this number, when according to the contract, the shipment should have already reached its destination, having clearly breached the conditions advertised in as regards the handling and delivery times of the products. However, seeing that on the transport page does not update the shipment information, I make arrangements and check that it is simply a pre-registration and that the transport company does not yet have the package to proceed with the transfer.
I have a moral obligation to have this disastrous experience, so that in some way it can serve as a guide and help to the future buyers of this company, making a recommendation for you to consider very seriously what you said before buying your products.
thank you very much for the information my friend

I was just about to buy an Aliunce HD1, since I have been following this product for some time and it seemed quite interesting, but seeing your externship with this company I will choose to buy the TYT mod. 2017 that I think is a good alternative and is offered through the AMAZON platform, which I can assure you are serious.

So based on your unpleasant shopping experience with RETEVIS a negative feedback on my part.

Thank you very much again for making us participate in this information.

Regards my friend.
Old 02-09-2018, 4:51 PM

Amazon is ever my first option but I live in Europe and this item it, s not available into my country. Tanks
Old 02-09-2018, 6:23 PM

Hams and people in general are mostly cheapskates so these throw away radios are flying off the shelves and in every ham shack these days.
Some brag about having a half dozen or more.
China simply makes cheap imitations of REAL radios and NONE provide any level of support or service.
I was recently approached by a Texas gas well contractor for a price on radios.
I quoted intrinsically safe radios as required for well pad use.
They said they only paid $20 dollars each for the radios they have been using!
I informed them of the risk of well pad explosions using those radios and his response was " we use them everywhere and we havn't had a problem yet"
Guess this is why we see so many gas and oil industry fires on the news.
Old 02-09-2018, 8:35 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOTEX View Post
Hams and people in general are mostly cheapskates so these throw away radios are flying off the shelves and in every ham shack these days.
Why include Hams in this. Have you seen the transceivers that cost $5000 and up. If all hams are cheapskates you wouldn't see radios this expensive or even see them sold. Everyone is entitled to the best bang for the buck but to call all Hams cheapskates is not right. I never try to paint everyone with the same brush.

And it's not the radio that is the problem in the OP first post. More of a problem now that we know he lives in Europe. I cannot comment on delivery times there. However, in Canada, I never expect anything in short order. As stated, it is much easier to deal with a local dealer when in a hurry.

Last edited by W9BU; 02-10-2018 at 6:29 AM.. Reason: fixed quoting
Old 02-10-2018, 1:24 AM

Thumbs up

I think that the subject is deviating from the initial issue, the forerunner Oldfasionsniper simply told us his bad experience in case some of us help. in my case I have valued it and I do not want any deal with Retevis.
It is very important to deal with serious sellers and as they have shown in the case of this forero the Retevis are not.
Old 02-15-2018, 4:48 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I had been waiting for the HD-1 GPS version to be available. It also became available on Amazon the same day (2/9) and I ordered it there (to be shipped from Retevis facility in Hong Kong.) The confirmation said delivery might be as long as April 9th. I received the unit today 2/14 via DHL. I'm happy with their service so far.
Old 02-15-2018, 7:12 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

PayPal has a 100 percent satisfaction money back guarantee. File a grievance through them. I have had to do this a few times and received a full refund and kept the item.
Old 02-16-2018, 4:53 PM

Angry

Well, lucky friend KF7BQ, you must be the only one. From what I'm seeing and at least in that period of time, all the buyers have had problems with Retevis, including myself.