• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Bad experience buying Ailunce HD1

Status
Not open for further replies.
On January 30, 2018, I made the order and the payment through PayPal, to the company RETEVIS, of a walkys Ailunce model Hd1. As I indicated in the email sent to the seller at the time of purchase, I was urged to receive them as soon as possible for work reasons, even more, given the non-availability of the model with GPS (which really was the one that interested me) and due to this urgency, I opted to buy the model without GPS after confirming that they had it in stock.
Taking into account that according to what is advertised on the RETEVIS website, specifically in the section PURCHASE HELP \ ORDER PROCESING, it stipulates: "Your order will be sent within three business days according to the date of full payment. We will inform you of the tracking by email after sending your package. For out-of-stock items, we will contact you first thing in the morning and make changes as soon as possible after your answer. YES "
I needed to have the items at the end of this week, to start working on February 10 (fact that was commented to the seller), so when placing the order I hired the shipping option with the transport company DHL and delivery 3- 7 working days, discarding options from other sellers with better prices because they did not meet the delivery deadline that I needed.
For several days I have been interested in the status of the shipment and I was every day with a different excuse, the seller has been giving me at all times, what's more, I came to think I had stock problems despite having confirmed what contrary.
On February 08, finally, he provides me with a tracking number for the DHL company, therefore it takes 9 days to provide this number, when according to the contract, the shipment should have already reached its destination, having clearly breached the conditions advertised in as regards the handling and delivery times of the products. However, seeing that on the transport page does not update the shipment information, I make arrangements and check that it is simply a pre-registration and that the transport company does not yet have the package to proceed with the transfer.
I have a moral obligation to have this disastrous experience, so that in some way it can serve as a guide and help to the future buyers of this company, making a recommendation for you to consider very seriously what you said before buying your products.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
When you decided to buy this radio directly from a seller in China, you understood that there might be shipping or communications problems, didn't you?

I can understand that there are problems, and I can even be naive to believe his publicity, but investigate about this company and I found nothing. So I think it's positive that you tell my experience so that if someone is interested in buying, I can learn from my mistake in trusting a Chinese company

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
When I needed a specific radio for work, and I had a hard deadline, I contacted a vendor I'd been working with for years. His shop is within 60 miles of me. I got the radio I needed and it was delivered overnight. He went as far to ship the radio to me and dealing with our purchasing group after the fact.

And this is why I never:
1. Buy stuff from sellers in China.
2. Buy low end Chinese radios.
3. Deal with any company that I cannot speak directly with.
4. Rely on an unknown company when I need something in a rush.

Yet others seem willing to do this time and time again to save a few bucks.

It's also why I build up relationships with vendors and keep the ones I trust. It's also why I'm willing to pay a bit more for something when I know I can trust the seller.

Sorry to hear of your negative experience, but this isn't the first time this has happened and it won't be the last. If you are really in a situation where you need a work radio on a rush like that, it's really worth it to spend the extra money.

I understand what you say and even share your point of view but one of the factors that made me write the post is the fact that if a seller from my country had done the same to me, I would have made a post to complain and in the end with the excuse that we already assume that China is not complaining and in the end comes another linnet as I see a website like that of retevis, well done and supposedly with good communication (talk to them before buying) and not find negative review then falls off.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
As an additional data point for you, another Chinese radio manufacturer who is doing business in the U.S. is actively "buying" good reviews on Amazon (it's been discussed in another thread and I have personal knowledge of it happening). The deal is that if you buy the radio through Amazon, then post a good review, the seller will refund some or all of your purchase price through a "back door".

thorAEZ54

aggravated by the information

thank you very much for the information my friend

I was just about to buy an Aliunce HD1, since I have been following this product for some time and it seemed quite interesting, but seeing your externship with this company I will choose to buy the TYT mod. 2017 that I think is a good alternative and is offered through the AMAZON platform, which I can assure you are serious.

So based on your unpleasant shopping experience with RETEVIS a negative feedback on my part.

Thank you very much again for making us participate in this information.

Regards my friend.

thorAEZ54

On January 30, 2018, I made the order and the payment through PayPal, to the company RETEVIS, of a walkys Ailunce model Hd1. As I indicated in the email sent to the seller at the time of purchase, I was urged to receive them as soon as possible for work reasons, even more, given the non-availability of the model with GPS (which really was the one that interested me) and due to this urgency, I opted to buy the model without GPS after confirming that they had it in stock.
Taking into account that according to what is advertised on the RETEVIS website, specifically in the section PURCHASE HELP \ ORDER PROCESING, it stipulates: "Your order will be sent within three business days according to the date of full payment. We will inform you of the tracking by email after sending your package. For out-of-stock items, we will contact you first thing in the morning and make changes as soon as possible after your answer. YES "
I needed to have the items at the end of this week, to start working on February 10 (fact that was commented to the seller), so when placing the order I hired the shipping option with the transport company DHL and delivery 3- 7 working days, discarding options from other sellers with better prices because they did not meet the delivery deadline that I needed.
For several days I have been interested in the status of the shipment and I was every day with a different excuse, the seller has been giving me at all times, what's more, I came to think I had stock problems despite having confirmed what contrary.
On February 08, finally, he provides me with a tracking number for the DHL company, therefore it takes 9 days to provide this number, when according to the contract, the shipment should have already reached its destination, having clearly breached the conditions advertised in as regards the handling and delivery times of the products. However, seeing that on the transport page does not update the shipment information, I make arrangements and check that it is simply a pre-registration and that the transport company does not yet have the package to proceed with the transfer.
I have a moral obligation to have this disastrous experience, so that in some way it can serve as a guide and help to the future buyers of this company, making a recommendation for you to consider very seriously what you said before buying your products.
thank you very much for the information my friend

I was just about to buy an Aliunce HD1, since I have been following this product for some time and it seemed quite interesting, but seeing your externship with this company I will choose to buy the TYT mod. 2017 that I think is a good alternative and is offered through the AMAZON platform, which I can assure you are serious.

So based on your unpleasant shopping experience with RETEVIS a negative feedback on my part.

Thank you very much again for making us participate in this information.

Regards my friend.

lmrtek

Hams and people in general are mostly cheapskates so these throw away radios are flying off the shelves and in every ham shack these days.
Some brag about having a half dozen or more.
China simply makes cheap imitations of REAL radios and NONE provide any level of support or service.
I was recently approached by a Texas gas well contractor for a price on radios.
I quoted intrinsically safe radios as required for well pad use.
They said they only paid $20 dollars each for the radios they have been using!
I informed them of the risk of well pad explosions using those radios and his response was " we use them everywhere and we havn't had a problem yet"
Guess this is why we see so many gas and oil industry fires on the news.

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Hams and people in general are mostly cheapskates so these throw away radios are flying off the shelves and in every ham shack these days.
Why include Hams in this. Have you seen the transceivers that cost $5000 and up. If all hams are cheapskates you wouldn't see radios this expensive or even see them sold. Everyone is entitled to the best bang for the buck but to call all Hams cheapskates is not right. I never try to paint everyone with the same brush.

And it's not the radio that is the problem in the OP first post. More of a problem now that we know he lives in Europe. I cannot comment on delivery times there. However, in Canada, I never expect anything in short order. As stated, it is much easier to deal with a local dealer when in a hurry.

Last edited by a moderator:

thorAEZ54

I think that the subject is deviating from the initial issue, the forerunner Oldfasionsniper simply told us his bad experience in case some of us help. in my case I have valued it and I do not want any deal with Retevis.
It is very important to deal with serious sellers and as they have shown in the case of this forero the Retevis are not.

KF7BQ

I had been waiting for the HD-1 GPS version to be available. It also became available on Amazon the same day (2/9) and I ordered it there (to be shipped from Retevis facility in Hong Kong.) The confirmation said delivery might be as long as April 9th. I received the unit today 2/14 via DHL. I'm happy with their service so far.

thorAEZ54

Well, lucky friend KF7BQ, you must be the only one. From what I'm seeing and at least in that period of time, all the buyers have had problems with Retevis, including myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.