RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Budget and Entry Level Transceivers

Budget and Entry Level Transceivers - For discussion of budget or entry level radios such as Baofeng, Wouxun, Puxing and other radio communications designated as commercial but not targeted for Amateur or GMRS. Also included are MURS and ISM 900MHz designed radios.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2018, 7:37 AM

Default Connect Systems CS580 Connector

Looking for a way to connect an earpiece or earphones to a CS580, it uses a 12 pin motorola style connector on the side of the radio but I cannot find anywhere to buy one?

Anyone know what the connector is or where to get one, tried to order the surveillance mic/earpiece from CSI but order rejected as item doesn't ship to UK.

The radio is a re-branded BFDX BF-TD505 but still can't locate an earpiece or connector??
Sponsored links
Old 02-14-2018, 8:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpecker View Post
Looking for a way to connect an earpiece or earphones to a CS580, it uses a 12 pin motorola style connector on the side of the radio but I cannot find anywhere to buy one?

Anyone know what the connector is or where to get one, tried to order the surveillance mic/earpiece from CSI but order rejected as item doesn't ship to UK.

The radio is a re-branded BFDX BF-TD505 but still can't locate an earpiece or connector??
Being that the radio your talking about is a portable, unless the radio already has an earphone jack built into it, your faced with trying to obtain the speaker mic accessory connector. Chances of it being a match to any that Motorola may have used are slim to none.

You have few options. One it to contact some of the companies that make after market speaker mics and see if you can purchase a connector from them. But bear in mind that you might have to do some wiring inside the connector to make this work. Like you may have to add a jumper between 2 pins or use a resistor between 2 pins. Then make your headphone jack connection to the audio out on the accessory connector.

doing the above also means you need to have access to just which pins are used for the RX audio out on the side of the radio. Plus there may be a requirement to short or put a resistor between 2 pins to make the external accessory connector function the way your looking for it to.

I tried to look for just a user manual on line and came up empty. So your on your own on this endeavor. Good luck. But if you do find the information, come back and tell the rest of us. That way your helping the people on the group here.
Old 02-14-2018, 9:46 AM

Thanks for the reply, I've emailed Jerry at CSI in hope he can help with something, I've found a pinout image here:-

http://www.miklor.com/CS580/images/CS580-pinout10.jpg

Which shows 2 pins as being RX which I guess maybe audio.

I've also found an earpiece for the BFDX version of the radio but can't find anywhere on the planet that actually offers it for sale, its a BF-HL505:-

Professional BF-HL505 Earpiece With Microphone Suppliers
Old Yesterday, 5:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Connect Systems sells a surveillance ear piece microphone for the CS580. Its in there online store under Micís.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk