• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

B-Tech Murs Radio-antenna availability

Status
Not open for further replies.

p1879

My understanding is that this model has a single band antenna cut for MURS frequencies. I got the radio for a friend, and think it is a nice radio. I would like to buy just the antenna, and I am wondering if anyone knows a part# or source. I did do some looking, but .....
Thank you,
p1879

cmdrwill

What radio and what is the antenna connector on your radio? I have found some VHF only antennas that work very well.

FKimble

Take a look at Smiley antennas. They will custom tune an antenna for your specific freguency if they don't have a stock antenna to your liking. They have several different lengths also.

Frank KK4YTM

WQPW689

The antenna that came supplied with my BTech MURS-V1 is marked on the bottom "VHF:136-174 MHz". Couldn't tell you how effective it is since I went directly to a Nagoya NA-771. It does resemble the other BaoFeng/BTech antennas referenced above.

p1879

In reading the John Miklor review of the BTech MURS I noticed he thought the antenna was a good performer. I thought it was described elsewhere as a specialty antenna, but I have no remembrance of where I saw that. If indeed it is a decent antenna, the price might be right, or not.

Smiley Antennas? A big Heck Yes! I gave one to an aviation enthusiast in Idaho who reported a very large increase in reception using their extendable air band antenna, this one cut for the low part of civil air band.

I made an order to Smiley antenna again last night, both for gifts. Looking over all their nice antennas-that I want- I desired a present for myself, and I am just investigating the cheap side.
The people at Smiley seem very nice, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.