• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Btech murs-v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flatshovel

Hello,
Looking at the Btech Murs-V1 radio. I see that this radio is certified for Part 95J for the service. Was wondering if anyone else is using these radios? Wanted to get your thoughts on this. I am looking at these to replace a pair of old murs radios as these would give me a lot more options and capability down the road. Thoughts please?

nd5y

I haven't used one but that and their GMRSV1 appear to be the UV-82 with custom firmware that prevents it from transmitting on other frequencies.

If everything else is the same as a UV-82 then it uses the same transceiver-on-a-chip (AT1846S) wtih the same crappy reciever performance.

p1879

A friend of mine has one for farm use. I used it while visiting and it seemed very adequate for the task, and cheaper than other MURS radios. John Miklor has written a nice review on this radio, that I am sure would easy to search out if you wish another viewpoint.

I would think people would be glad to see such a nice MURS radio on the scene, and it is solely restricted to the five allocated frequencies for MURS. That would seem preferable to the widespread proliferation of frequency-agile radios flooding the scene now.

Status
Not open for further replies.