• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Compatibility between Programming Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbois1

Query to all...
I recently acquired a new Zastone A19 999 channel dual-band analog handheld radio. At present, RT Systems has yet to develop programming soft ware for this model and the Zastone software is less than desirable.

Question to all....Is there any aftermarket software out there that can take what I currently have for a programming file for my Wouxun KG-UV9D Plus (also 999 channels) and convert it , compatibility-wise, into the Zastone programming software?

In other words, is there anyway that I can take that programming freq list for my Wouxun (which is an Excel file from RT System software) and put it directly into the Zastone software without having to completely program the new Zastone from scratch?

Appreciated any and all feedback / guidance / assistance.

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
I haven't looked, but at first blush, the CHIRP software may be able to work with this radio. It's free and does work quite well on the Wouxun radios. CHIRP is updated fairly regularly, so if it doesn't work with this radio now, there may be an update in the near future.

I don't want to open the Pandora's Box of comments about CCRs (Cheap Chinese Radios) in public safety applications, but please make sure the radio is fully Part 90 certified for your application. The usual caveats about using CCRs in mission critical public safety applications also applies and make sure your agency licenses will cover the additional radio and that it is properly programmed with respect to bandwidth.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
James,
What import options do you have in the Zastone programing software. If csv is an option then you have a possibility of easing the task, but it is still an uphill struggle.
Mike

jimbois1

This radio will not be used for live-duty public safety operation, but rather for a combined amateur T & R and public-safety R-only for personal use. Still exploring what if any import functions the Zastone software might have.

Status
Not open for further replies.