• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

connect failure on radioddity gd-77 portable

Status
Not open for further replies.

richber

Premium Subscriber
Hi all
I'm having a problem with my gd-77 portable, in the analog mode with some local repeters programed in, it works good no problem. But when I make a dmr digital codeplug and program it in, i key the portable in and there is no beeps and no audio, and "Connect failure" shows up in the screen, the red tx led blenks for less than a second with no green led? I had the repeater admin check the program out and he said its good and should be working? I've been trying to find some soulitions to my problem but I'm unable to find any remideys.
everywhere I go and talk to says they never heard this problem. I even went to radioddity and they could not offer any help? can anyone give me an answer?????
Thanks
richber (WB3HUS)
PS Can all the answers be directed to my e-mail address: rb622b@aol.com

w2xq

Mentor
A really wild guess, but does one have to key the PTT for ~3 seconds to force the change to the group you are attempting to communicate with?

bill4long

A really wild guess, but does one have to key the PTT for ~3 seconds to force the change to the group you are attempting to communicate with?

If are using a repeater, it usually takes less than 3 second. If you are using a hotspot, as long as the hotspot is transmitting, you will not be able to switch talkgroups. This is because hotspots are simplex. You have to wait for the TX to drop. If someone keys up on the current talkgroup and talks for 3 minutes, you're stuck for 3 minutes.

kato

Sounds to me if you get a red flashing led and a connect fail, you may not have something not correct with the correct repeater offset frequency or direction, or mode (simplex or repeat). It's a little different programming DMR versus analog. I'd make sure your talk group(s) is also correct.

khaytsus

Late reply on this, hopefully you sorted it.. I had this same issue with my GD-77; I was simply out of range of the repeater. On DMR the radio and repeater are in constant communication. If the radio isn't hearing the repeater it'll tell you. That's what this is saying; it could not connect to the repeater. This has happened to me a few times. A spot in my house is really bad for the repeater, and another time after a storm the repeater was apparently on a separate breaker from other things in a radio room and wasn't turned back on for a day or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.