• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Ailunce HD1

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio259

Will this radio do wide band on analog channels in the HAM band??

Reviews seem favorable, and for the cost, why not try one??

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
I've got one and I like it... reminds me of a Motorola HT. Solid and well-built, long-lasting battery - still missing a few "ham-centric" features (DTMF for one), but the developers have been issuing periodic firmware updates that add features and performance (and DTMF is on the list). The chinese company even has a Facebook page where they interact with users and provide support. While you can certainly find complaints from other users, mine has been pretty stable, so I suspect that the programming complexity, typical for a DMR-capable rig, has a lot to do with this.

(from the Ailunce site)...

General specifications

Frequency: 136-174 & 400-480MHz & 76-107.95MHz(Receive only )

Channels: 3000

Operating Voltage: 7.4V DC

Dimension: 150 x 64x 40mm

Weight: 360g (with battery)

Battery Type: Li-ion 3200mAh

Antenna Impedance: 50Ω

N4KVE

The antenna impedance is actually about 80 ohms. So the factory antenna is all that can be used. This is according to people posting on that Facebook page.

radio259

But will it do wide band where it should on the ham band?? Some one was in the shop with some junk radio that we found out would not. thought it was a retevis.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
The antenna impedance is actually about 80 ohms. So the factory antenna is all that can be used. This is according to people posting on that Facebook page.

I use a Motorola All Band + GPS antenna, intended for the APX 8000. Works great and has vastly improved the performance of the radio. The OEM antenna was destroyed shortly after I received it.

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I use this radio on wideband, with Marine Channel 16 and 22A. Both are VHF analog , wide band. No issues at all. Just used it last night on 22A briefly without a hitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.