• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

GD 77 Audio Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

zenno

Hello folks.

I have received a Radioddity GD-77 just purchased, but the radio produces no audio on FM Analog and no audio on Digital DMR. I have the volume turned up to max and when I put it tight to my ear I can just about hear talk on all bands. I have looked in every single place on the software and in the menu on the radio and I cannot find anything to fix this problem. It sounds like the radio is muted in some way.

I updated the firmware to 3.1.6 but still no audio. Thanks for any replies & suggestions.

Colin

zenno

Just to update. I got a loan of some earbuds and connected them, but the audio is the same, with the volume up full I can just about make out what people are saying. I'm starting to wonder if it is an amplifier issue. If a cable became loose inside or a broken speaker wire, then you would expect no audio at all, but i'm getting extremely low audio so I'm not sure about this.

mikerabbit

I have had the same problem. Have tried resetting all firmware and cloning a known working 77 but still have the same problem. Additionally I have very low transmit audio.

zenno

Thank's for the reply.

Look's like it is a hardware problem, it must be after trying all the above, even the cloning. It seems that many people are having problems with loose or disconnected ribbon cables as well, but I won't be taking it apart as I am in the process of getting a replacement radio with the seller. It's a fine radio when working, great audio, but the amount of bugs in their firmware would put you off this radio. I also have the low transmit power problem as well.

zenno

I was asked by the people in China to upload a video to google drive to send to them of the radio not working. I suppose they wanted to see if there was a setting that I could turn on to make the audio work, but I have good technical skills as I told them and there is no way to make the audio work as the radio is faulty.

Communication is very bad I have to say. They will be sending me a replacement radio as I don't give up that easily and I am confident that the new one will have no audio problems. Even if it has a loose ribbon cable and no lit screen, I can easily fix that problem myself.

I was just wondering about the firmware to be honest. I'd actually be afraid to update the firmware in-case some other problem happens, so do you think I should just leave it if it is working 'as is' and not update the firmware, or just bite the bullet and update it and hope for the best ? are there many folks here that just use the radio on the default firmware when they first get the radio new, and is your GD-77 still working good while using the firmware that came with the radio only with no update ?.

Thanks

Colin

Status
Not open for further replies.