• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Puxing PX-777 plus CTCSS/DPL/DCS/TPL

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkipSanders

Silent Key
Usual reminder, this radio may be used legally ONLY on ham radio in the US. It is not type accepted for any service whatsoever. Only the VHF Puxing is certified in the US, and that only for part 90, so no MURS use, even for it.

;) got cha, but I could still work on any freq you put in???????

SkipSanders

Silent Key
The PX-777 Plus is NOT the approved VHF model, it's a UHF unit. It's not (I just checked the FCC site) approved in any way.

ONLY the VHF Puxing has an FCC ID (UBYQZPUXING02) which it received in 2006.

The PX-777 Plus is NOT the approved VHF model, it's a UHF unit. It's not (I just checked the FCC site) approved in any way.

ONLY the VHF Puxing has an FCC ID (UBYQZPUXING02) which it received in 2006.

While you might be right when it comes to the letter of the law, I doubt that anybody will be locked away in prison for using one of these VHF rigs on MURS, or using one of the UHF radios for GMRS. FCC enforcement is a complete and utter JOKE, where piracy runs rampant in GMRS, the marine band, the business band, and on just about every other band other than the VHF-Hi and up ham bands and public safety bands.

If the FCC wants to start enforcing the rules they can start by doing something about the piracy that they IGNORE even when they are told about it in writing. Until they start making SOME effort to do their job, I really don't care what they think.

Although I already own Icom portables that are type accepted for GMRS, if I was in the market for an HT today I would probably pick up a Puxing for half the price and not shed a single tear about whether the FCC likes it or not. You can buy all of these Chinese radios on ebay for next to nothing, and if the FCC is so worried about it maybe they can start by stopping that, because I know darn well they are aware of this fact. Truth be told, they don't care.

I went out and got licensed for GMRS, and followed the law, yet when I give them all the goods on a blatant pirate, they do nothing, time and time again, year after year. So I really don't care a whole lot about whether they approve of a radio or not to be honest. And you can bet there are plenty of folks out there using them all over America right now, for business band, GMRS, MURS, Marine, etc. The FCC can't even stop free band truckers pushing 500 watts over the 10 meter ham band. A token ticket here and there maybe, but only when a ham gets the goods on a pirate. The FCC is a LAME DUCK.

My advice to those considering a Puxing or any other Chinese radio is, buy it if you find a good deal, and use it properly in the band you are licensed for, or in MURS, and you will have now worries. There are millions of these things in use in America now and and the FCC isn't going to do a darn thing to change that fact.

Last edited:

cdesigns

Amen to that, I just ordered 2 PX-888 for personal use GMRS mostly.

While you might be right when it comes to the letter of the law, I doubt that anybody will be locked away in prison for using one of these VHF rigs on MURS, or using one of the UHF radios for GMRS. FCC enforcement is a complete and utter JOKE, where piracy runs rampant in GMRS, the marine band, the business band, and on just about every other band other than the VHF-Hi and up ham bands and public safety bands.

If the FCC wants to start enforcing the rules they can start by doing something about the piracy that they IGNORE even when they are told about it in writing. Until they start making SOME effort to do their job, I really don't care what they think.

Although I already own Icom portables that are type accepted for GMRS, if I was in the market for an HT today I would probably pick up a Puxing for half the price and not shed a single tear about whether the FCC likes it or not. You can buy all of these Chinese radios on ebay for next to nothing, and if the FCC is so worried about it maybe they can start by stopping that, because I know darn well they are aware of this fact. Truth be told, they don't care.

I went out and got licensed for GMRS, and followed the law, yet when I give them all the goods on a blatant pirate, they do nothing, time and time again, year after year. So I really don't care a whole lot about whether they approve of a radio or not to be honest. And you can bet there are plenty of folks out there using them all over America right now, for business band, GMRS, MURS, Marine, etc. The FCC can't even stop free band truckers pushing 500 watts over the 10 meter ham band. A token ticket here and there maybe, but only when a ham gets the goods on a pirate. The FCC is a LAME DUCK.

My advice to those considering a Puxing or any other Chinese radio is, buy it if you find a good deal, and use it properly in the band you are licensed for, or in MURS, and you will have now worries. There are millions of these things in use in America now and and the FCC isn't going to do a darn thing to change that fact.

I don't blame you. I have been told by a few people who use them for GMRS and Ham that they are a heck of a value, pushing strong ERP numbers, having acceptable reception, and in general having a lot of bang for the buck.

I have even heard that some of these asian radios roll off the same assembly lines as kenwood radios. I don't know if that is true, but if it is, it's a real hoot.

Even funnier are the stupid names some of the brands have like LENTON, WOXING, PUXING, FENDSHENG, QUANSHANG, etc. LOL. They all even look the same other than different cases and keypads.

But I can assure you their much more pricey competitors are not laughing as they see these guys taking a big bite out of their market share.

Give them another decade and they might have motorola crying like a baby.

Last edited:

wapicke

The Puxing PX-777 PLUS VHF is the only current model that is FCC Type accepted for use on Part 90. The UHF version of the PX-777 PLUS (and yes, they have the same model number) as well as the other Puxing models are not type accepted. I hope the clears the confusion concerning the miss hap of identifying the only model to be type accepted for the UHF version.

William

wapicke

Just out of curiosity, what is the Tx Power Rank used for? Is it a decibel of transmit power, percentage?

I know this is old but this is the only thing I can find on this, I am looking into getting the Puxing Px-777+ (Radiogearpro.com) for monitoring use only. Is this going to be illegal? Better to check now than be to late and sorry! Thanks!

K4APR

But I can assure you their much more pricey competitors are not laughing as they see these guys taking a big bite out of their market share.

Just wait until one of these companies decides to do a Kenwood TH-D7 or TH-D710 clone and include a TNC for APRS use. Kenwood and Yaesu will lose big time.

I prefer American made just as much as the next guy, but with the quality and price points coming out of the Chicoms, it's hard to pass up!

Status
Not open for further replies.