Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioGuy1951

Premium Subscriber
I got my first scanners capable of rebanding (Pro 163 and Pro-164), and have updated the firmware...

While I've been very familier with conventional comms for a very long time...trunking is new to me...

I looked in the database here, and while all I want is LAW, FIRE, FORESTRY & EMS, what I get is a boatload of commercial trunk systems...

I'm looking for CA, NV, and OR trunking info for LAW, FIRE, FORESTRY & EMS...only...

I didn't see a topic in the trunking forums, so I'm asking here for help because my QTH is NorCal...

Thanks...

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
What counties exactly are you looking for? If you go to the data base for a specific county you can find the systems you are looking for. example, In Alameda County, on the bottom of the page is a list of Trunking systems in Alameda County. Click on Alameda County and all the talk Law, Fire..... groups are listed there:

Alameda County Trunking System, Oakland, California - Scanner Frequencies

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Other than the Redding system in Shasta County, I'm not aware of any wide area public safety trunked systems in CA in the Jefferson counties.

The State Prisons do have trunked systems, but those tend to only cover the area of the prison.

Last edited:

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Unlikely you will find anything way up your way. Trunking is used mainly as a way to combine a lot of users onto a few frequencies. It's more common in larger urban areas.
Cal Fire uses conventional systems, mostly VHF analog
Most law enforcement up your way is going to be VHF analog also.
Forestry and EMS will likely be the same way.

If you want to try out the trunking portion of your radio, you are going to need to take a trip to a more urban area.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
The closest trunked radio systems to you (for LE, Fire, public safety) are in Redding, CA (Shasta county) and Reno, NV (Washoe county) and the Nevada state-wide system.

KMA367

Premium Subscriber
Pelican Bay State Prison

As K6CDO mentioned, If you want to consider it a LE system, there is Pelican Bay State Prison in Del Norte Co. Gotta practically be an inmate to be within range though. I've picked it up from Hwy 101 but only when due east of the "joint." Very small footprint.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
I can agree, the only public safety trunked system north of Sacramento to the OR border, in between the Big Blue and Nevada state line, is City of Redding. Motorola Type2, Police and utility services, with a tiny bit of Fire admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.