Cal Fire Tac 12 Data Channel??

Status
Not open for further replies.

emt_531

So, I have what is listed as Cal Fire Tac 12 154.46375 programmed into my scanner. From the Fresno area, this channel just emits garbled data type noise. When I did a state wide search with that frequency, nothing popped up, not even Cal Fire. Any ideas?

emt_531

I just went back and looked and that is not Cal Fire Tac 12, in fact half of my Tac channels were not right, but still, anyone have an idea what this noise is and who it belongs to?

emt_531

Thanks, it is most likely SCE. I had never even heard of SCADA until tonight. I did fix all of my Cal Fire Tac channels, like 12 of them were wrong or old frequencies. Again, thanks for the help guys.

NorCalrescue

Premium Subscriber
It may or may not work but try adding tone protection to the CAL FIRE tac's. It's tone 192.8 on all of them. That might alleviate some of that noise.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
SCADA is pretty neat stuff. It can be used for everything from fire station alerting to utility telemetry, and a lot more.

smokeybehr

CalFire doesn't use data/SCADA for station alerting. Everything is done over the air by voice, but some Schedule A operations have a wireline Rip-and-Run system as a secondary system. Several cities are using a station alerting system by Zetron which is either wireline, OTA, or both.

Command 7/Tac 12/MMU Local is 151.460.

Not all units are using tone protection on their tac channels. Currently, only the Air-to-Ground channels are required to have tone protection, and it will be either Tones 1, 2, or 3; with ground units having TX PL and air units having RX PL. This was done this year to eliminate interference between incidents.

Kingscup

Feed Provider
CalFire doesn't use data/SCADA for station alerting.

RRU is. :D Battalion 12 is currently testing the data portion of the Riverside county PSEC radio system which includes station alerting, MDC and print out functions. If the beta is successful, it will be rolled out to the entire unit in the coming weeks.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Not all units are using tone protection on their tac channels.

John, all CALFIRE tacs last year went full tone protection statewide. Tone 16 192.8 for encode and decode. It is an exception per incident to turn tone protection/code guard off and that is for responses that have mutual aid agencies responding that still havent reprogrammed their radios, this creating a life-safety hazard and requires every responding resource to confirm that tone protection is turned off, much like powerlines down.

This year also starts tone protection on vfire freqs of tone 6, (156.7) and transitioning calcord over to tone 6 with tx encode of tone 6, in prep for full tone protection next year.

mark5388916

John, all CALFIRE tacs last year went full tone protection statewide. Tone 16 192.8 for encode and decode. It is an exception per incident to turn tone protection/code guard off and that is for responses that have mutual aid agencies responding that still havent reprogrammed their radios, this creating a life-safety hazard and requires every responding resource to confirm that tone protection is turned off, much like powerlines down.

This year also starts tone protection on vfire freqs of tone 6, (156.7) and transitioning calcord over to tone 6 with tx encode of tone 6, in prep for full tone protection next year.

With a roll out of tone protection on the Mutual Aid Frequencies, do you know if a new Cal-Ifog is in the works?

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.