White channels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Where in the wide wonderful world or the data base the the all wise, all knowing, all knowledgeable data base team place the listings of the California "White Mutual Aid" channel frequencies. I do not see them in the multi-agency listing, nor hte CDF list, AWOL from the CalEMA list

And to any nay sayers, who want me to look at my list and not bother those at Radio Reference - it is somewhere in one of five piles of data sheets. I will not phone my duty captain as it is way past quite time at the station. And YES - in this area of the state a very large portion of us still call the new fangled mutual aid channels by the old name the White Channels. We old FARTS are hard to retrain. (Trying to find White-6 right now.)

jeremyphoto23

There was no White 6, but V FIRE 24-26 were added, so I'm assuming you are looking for V Fire 26, 154.3025.

154.28000 BM156.7 PLV FIRE 21V FIRE 21 FMN Interop
154.26500 BM156.7 PLV FIRE 22V FIRE 22 FMN Interop
154.29500 BM156.7 PLV FIRE 23V FIRE 23 FMN Interop
154.27250 BM156.7 PLV FIRE 24V FIRE 24 FMN Interop
154.28750 BM156.7 PLV FIRE 25V FIRE 25 FMN Interop
154.30250 BM156.7 PLV FIRE 26V FIRE 26 FMN Interop

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

UvGotIssuesToo

Premium Subscriber
I've only ever known of 3 "white" channels. 154.2800- white 1, 154.2650- white 2, 154.2950- white 3.

I could be wrong...and I don't have a billion stacks of paperwork I'm too lazy to go through... but that's what I have in my scanner.

UvGotIssuesToo

Premium Subscriber
Where in the wide wonderful world or the data base the the all wise, all knowing, all knowledgeable data base team place the listings of the California "White Mutual Aid" channel frequencies. I do not see them in the multi-agency listing, nor hte CDF list, AWOL from the CalEMA list

Did you bother looking in the nationwide section instead of limiting you're thinking to just the state? Sorry for the sarcasm...but you kinda brought it on yourself... jus' sayin'

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Did you bother looking in the nationwide section instead of limiting you're thinking to just the state? Sorry for the sarcasm...but you kinda brought it on yourself... jus' sayin'

No I was just looking within the State of California, as these are unique to California (other states have copied Calif). Thus as a logical thinker, I would think a rational person would keep this material within the state's data... (Ah, there I go thinking again - BIG mistake!)

I am guessing everyone missed my excuse for being among the hundreds within my area (including a number of dispatchers) for calling the CAVFIRE21 through...26 as White-1 through White-6. Some of us inflexible, old farts will keep calling them the White channels until 153 years after we ere dead and burred in the ground. Heck as a ham, I am involved in many discussions with fellow amateurs and commercial radio techs, where when we talk, we STILL refer to kilohertz and megahertz as kc and mc.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
There was no White 6, but V FIRE 24-26 were added, so I'm assuming you are looking for V Fire 26, 154.3025.

154.28000 BM156.7 PLV FIRE 21V FIRE 21 FMN Interop
154.26500 BM156.7 PLV FIRE 22V FIRE 22 FMN Interop
154.29500 BM156.7 PLV FIRE 23V FIRE 23 FMN Interop
154.27250 BM156.7 PLV FIRE 24V FIRE 24 FMN Interop
154.28750 BM156.7 PLV FIRE 25V FIRE 25 FMN Interop
154.30250 BM156.7 PLV FIRE 26V FIRE 26 FMN Interop

Sorry - I almost forgot to thank you for posting the frequencies here.... Now I can go back into autorun mode.

f40ph

Feed Provider
HaHa...

Now, I've been retraining my department about "VFIRE"...so don't go messing them up when they come up your way on a strike team and tell them to go to White-6...they'll have a meltdown when they can't find it in the radio (then come back home mad at me for "doin it wrong".)

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
White 1 thru 3 became VFIRE 21 thru 23, then they added 24 25 and 26 using some of the channels which were "created" by VHF narrowbanding. VFIRE is now a nationwide thing, and the channels they used for White in CA were already mostly allocated for fireground in other states anyway, they just finally formalized it.

Thus the reason VFIRE isn't in the California statewide listing is because it has become a nationwide mutual aid channel plan (along with VCALL and VTAC).

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
White 1 thru 3 became VFIRE 21 thru 23, then they added 24 25 and 26 using some of the channels which were "created" by VHF narrowbanding. VFIRE is now a nationwide thing, and the channels they used for White in CA were already mostly allocated for fireground in other states anyway, they just finally formalized it.

Thus the reason VFIRE isn't in the California statewide listing is because it has become a nationwide mutual aid channel plan (along with VCALL and VTAC).

I obviously missed the National Fire Department sending me that memo on this adoption, as 'I has only seen the ones from OES and CDF referring to it as part of a Calif State plan.

I guess we poor dumb sap users, who have no clue, are suppose to be pre-educated before coming to this ever changing data base.

ecps92

Google DHS NIFOG
National Interoperability Field Operations Guide | Homeland Security

Been talked about since Pre 2007 when Ver 1.0 came out
Standardizing Channel Names nationally

I obviously missed the National Fire Department sending me that memo on this adoption, as 'I has only seen the ones from OES and CDF referring to it as part of a Calif State plan.

I guess we poor dumb sap users, who have no clue, are suppose to be pre-educated before coming to this ever changing data base.

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
Actually, the old White frequencies have been nationwide all along; they were just called different things in each state, and the uses varied according to whether or not there was a statewide plan (in Texas, for example, they were the Red, White, and Blue frequencies). 154.265 and 154.295 originally were 10 watt channels until the 1980s.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Last I saw - we could not legally use them as base stations. Just the 154.2800, which is directed as a cmd type channel and others as tac use, from reading last summer or so...

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin

I hear ya. We walk a fine line ourselves trying to make sure we don't duplicate data in the database and get in trouble. Hopefully one day there will be an "object-oriented" database. We have the technology. :)

Until then, the National Interoperability Field Guide (NIFOG) is an excellent resource:
https://www.dhs.gov/national-interoperability-field-operations-guide

The California Interoperability Field Guide (Cal-IFOG) is even more so:
California Interoperability Field Operations Guide (Cal-IFOG)

ecps92

Here in Mass 154.2950 was used for years as a Local MA channel, not statewide.

154.2650 belonged to local towns

Actually, the old White frequencies have been nationwide all along; they were just called different things in each state, and the uses varied according to whether or not there was a statewide plan (in Texas, for example, they were the Red, White, and Blue frequencies). 154.265 and 154.295 originally were 10 watt channels until the 1980s.

Markb

Premium Subscriber
what's the difference between vtac's and vfire?
VTAC's are general tac channels. can be used by Law, fire and other public safety agencies.
VFIRE are for fire use only, just as VLAW is for law enforcement use and VMED is for EMS use.

Status
Not open for further replies.