CHP UHF P25 statewide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirk

DB Admin
Database Admin
My *guess* is it will be used for the various activities of the CHP that they do since they've absorbed the State Police. Dignitary protection, security and investigative details, etc. (e.g.: not traffic related)

kma371

QRT
I see the new statewide digital freq. posted on the database.. Does anyone know what this new freq. will be used for ?

Based on info ive received, they will be used to replace the current UHF analog channels. These new UHF p25 freqs are programmed in current radios. Everyone keep an ear out. There are more to be posted, Just haven't got to all of them yet.

admins are also discussing some changes to the way these will be listed, either at the division level or statewide level.

Based on info ive received, they will be used to replace the current UHF analog channels. These new UHF p25 freqs are programmed in current radios. Everyone keep an ear out. There are more to be posted, Just haven't got to all of them yet.

admins are also discussing some changes to the way these will be listed, either at the division level or statewide level.

Program and ready! Also I found that another NAC 61F on that 700mhz base freq kma371 and it wasn't going through the extender it was portable to portable. They were assisting Soledad PD on an officer involved shooting I was hoping they would use the extender and patch PD freq I guess they don't have it program or don't know how to patch yet.

Last edited:

car5le

Premium Subscriber
It will be the replacement for their current analog system. However, many of the folks using UHF still have the old Motorola MT2000 portables and no mobiles. There was talk of them getting Harris XG100P portables, but that hasn't happened yet. And I know they haven't installed any Phase 1 Digital yet, at least in the Central Valley Don't expect the UHF Phase 1 Digital to be active anytime soon, and when they do you can bet it will be encrypted since most of their investigative units use the UHF system.

Status
Not open for further replies.