San Bernardino County 01 - Barstow PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushnsteel

It appears that Barstow Police Department (Talk Group 17200, 17232 and 17296) has fallen off the face of the earth. They are not on 800 system any more and I have checked Phase I & II P25 both 700 and 900 systems with no luck. Barstow Fire Department is still using the 800 system though. Can anyone help locating PD system ? Thanks in advance

Last edited:

djgrooven

It appears that Barstow Police Department (Talk Group 17200, 17232 and 17296) has fallen off the face of the earth. They are not on 800 system any more and I have checked Phase I & II P25 both 700 and 900 systems with no luck. Barstow Fire Department is still using the 800 system though. Can anyone help locating PD system ? Thanks in advance

They have moved strictly to P25 Flash II site (encrypted) and stopped patching to system 1 & Law6 mall channel. This was confirmed from a local sergeant that I personally know and also verifying radio ID’s from a conventional radio scan of the frequencies.

pushnsteel

Ok, thanks. I heard digital signature on conventional flash frequencies but was not getting anything on P25 Phase II either TDMA or Standard. Usually encrypted will come up but just garbled. Only talk group that would come up was silent, just came up for a quick second and disappear without any volume.

Last edited:

djgrooven

Ok, thanks. I heard digital signature on conventional flash frequencies but was not getting anything on P25 Phase II either TDMA or Standard. Usually encrypted will come up but just garbled. Only talk group that would come up was silent, just came up for a quick second and disappear without any volume.

BDC P25 system is only phase 1 not phase 2. As far as the silence I believe it’s the type of encryption that is used.

pushnsteel

I've been monitoring on both Phase I & II. Guess if it is encrypted it won't matter anyway, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.