Salinas 462.61250 GMRS interference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delivers1234

hi. so in salinas on channel 3 or 462.61250 there is a continuos tx static etc. could not find a tone or dcs code. it has been going on 24 hours and it is all over town and shows up on all my radios, hts, base, and mobile and the FRS radio. any ideas on how to stop it? where it is coming from? it is the channel 3 so it should not be kept by one entity.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I brought up my remote receiver above Santa Cruz and I get a signal that seems to randomly pop up at 462.6125.
It's just noise, no carrier. It peaks at around -75dB into my radio (using a discone) so it's strong enough if I'm getting that level and you are hearing it down there.

What is it? Could be intermod from something else. Tracking it down would be difficult. Seems to be random signals, so could be something to do with a telemetry system.

Delivers1234

Someone on the salinas repeater Facebook said it is edo equipment company. I emailed to see if they could check if there is interference on channel 3 from their other frequencies.

Delivers1234

EDO is actually RDO Equipment Rental in Hollister from the facebook page they have Licensed for only 451.775, 452.750, 457.750, 461.775 WQYP976. and they are also in Watsonville.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
OK, that's what my brain was trying to make it into.

I don't have a scanner or UHF radio here in Watsonville, but I'll try to remember to bring one home from work.
Could be some meathead tech set up something on that frequency. It's happened, either fat finger or not paying attention.
Or, it could be some sort of odd mixing thing involving one of their frequencies and someone else's. Very hard to track down.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
A quick DF shows it coming from south of Santa Cruz, maybe down towards Watsonville area.

I think I'm seeing a signal down around 458 that matches the pattern pretty close. I'll try to do some more sniffing as I have time.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
hi. any updates? is there anything that can be done?

I haven't had time to do much with it yet.

I was down at the Williams Hill site yesterday (down near San Ardo), and I was hearing it down there.
I didn't have the DF antenna with me and I was too busy anyway.

But, whatever it is, it is coming from south of Santa Cruz and is strong enough that it can be received all up and down the valley.
The Ritron units mentioned in the above thread are an unlikely source since they are low power and I don't think they'd be doing the type of signal I'm seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.