CHP frequency for Markleeville/Woodfords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman

Anyone know what it is? Can't seem to find it in the DB. I don't think it is the Gray.
Could be the White from Stockton? There was a unit using radar a couple of days ago
on Hwy 88 outside of Woodfords heading to NV.
Thanks.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
I's the Gray dispatched by Chico. At the southeast Alpine county line and Hwy 89, going south into Mono County Bishop dispatches on the Gold.

Last edited:

Norman

Thanks for the replies guys. I did hear traffic on the Gold while traveling S on 395, dispatch talking to a 71
(Bridgeport) unit. His reply was not repeated on the main freq. I did monitor the Gray, but did not hear any traffic on it from that area. Next time I will have to listen to Stockton to see if I hear anything. I don't think there would be much radio traffic in that area. I don't know what the unit numbers would be either.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
You'll hear traffic in Alpine County on Leviathan Peak, Hawkins Peak and Scout Peak. Alpine County only has about 1300 people so there isn't much vehicle or radio traffic. The sheriff is dispatched by Douglas County NV.

Norman

I can hear their VHF freq just fine at home. Maybe I'll give Stockton CHP a listen for a while,
see what I hear.

Norman

This morning I heard a CHP #13 (SLT) unit near Sorensens on the CHP Gray channel.
Sorensens is in Alpine County, so it does look like they use the Gray there.

Status
Not open for further replies.