Unknown CHP radio office prefix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Listen2mekn

While listening to Solano CHP I sometimes hear CHP area office designator of 191. I know of the list of office prefix numbers, 22 = Solano, 21 = Napa, etc... It’s not on any of the lists that I often refer to. Their call will sound like “191-18737 will be working COZEEP at blah blah blah location...” I know that the number 18737 is their id/badge number but what office is 191?

K6CDO

Premium Subscriber
I don't have access to a current list, but it may be the Inspection Facility on I-80 at Susuin.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Could it be 119? That’s the office number for the Golden Gate Communications Center.

Do the Air Operations office have officer radio numbers for when they’re not in the air? Maybe Golden Gate Air Operations officer taking a COZEEP detail?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Listen2mekn

I thought about that the very first time I heard the 191 number a few weeks ago. The second time I heard it was a few days ago. I may have to pull out the “Ive got a chp friend...” card. I’ll advise if I ever find out.

Listen2mekn

Oh... the air ops personnel use “Golden Gate Air 6 working COZEEP at (location)....until 0200” then dispatch would usually assign them a “22-COZEEP-?” callsign.

Status
Not open for further replies.