Camp Fire CP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norman

I'm hearing the Camp Fire CP on CALAW1 154.92 possibly in Magalia. It's a repeater, quite strong.
Talking to many various LE units from different agencies including USFS LE
Hearing LE activities.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
CALAW1 is patched with UHF and 800 up on Sutter Buttes and tied into BCSO Ch1 in support of mutual aid law operations in Butte County.

This is why it's imperative that every law agency have their respective band's CALAW, VTAC/UTAC/8TAC channels in their radio loads and know how to switch to them. When you have that, resources are available throughout the state (and nation) to patch you in to whatever is needed for mutual aid in a respective area. It works extremely well, it just requires proper user training, technical know-how and foresight, and various egos to step aside.

AgentTinker

The new phase 2 trunking system up there has a lot of traffic on it but i am having a hard time decoding it. Does anyone else hear anything on it?

kg6nlw

Railroad & Ham Radio Extrodinare
Premium Subscriber
The new phase 2 trunking system up there has a lot of traffic on it but i am having a hard time decoding it. Does anyone else hear anything on it?

The only P25 Phase II system I know of up there is still in testing and so you'd just have radio techs on it right now. Nothing to listen to, everything is still IN THE CLEAR and ANALOG.

Regards,

-Frank C.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
The only P25 Phase II system I know of up there is still in testing and so you'd just have radio techs on it right now. Nothing to listen to, everything is still IN THE CLEAR and ANALOG.

Regards,

-Frank C.

I think you mean its in the clear.
if its a P25 Phase 1 or 2 system its for sure not analog.

mcjones2013

Radio Communications Enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
I think you mean its in the clear.

if its a P25 Phase 1 or 2 system its for sure not analog.

I believe he meant because there’s only testing on the new digital system, the only stuff to listen to up there for regular listening is still in the clear and analog, since they’re all analog conventional (law and fire).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
They ramped up a bunch of encrypted radios on the new system for sensitive traffic on the Camp Fire. Before that it was just radio testing. Talk about a trial by fire for some of the sites, including HT coverage. :)

When the system actually comes up for full service, it's expected to be primarily in the clear.

KG7PBS

There 10 Encrypted TG being used for the Camp Fire. And the information is from a solid source. And you can thanks Motorola for dropping off a **** ton of APX 8000s to help with the fire

code3cowboy

BRICS is up and running, encrypted channels are being used for various functions.

You can figure from the VHF and interop traffic what is being handled on BRICS.

Status
Not open for further replies.