information?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

landonjensen

SOmetimes while i am listening to arcadia pd, dispatch will sound a single beep out, and then say "team 2 you are clear." What does this mean?

Also, they will say all units 10-98 and dispatch will say "10-4 clear to secure." What does that mean?

Last edited:

rananthony04

I notice my PD (Baldwin Park) will do something similar, mostly (if memory serves me correctly) around 0700 hrs . All day units acknowledge they are "10-8" though. The only thing I can think of is a shift change. Anyone else agree?

RobertW1

landonjensen said:
SOmetimes while i am listening to arcadia pd, dispatch will sound a single beep out, and then say "team 2 you are clear." What does this mean?

Also, they will say all units 10-98 and dispatch will say "10-4 clear to secure." What does that mean?

10-97 typically means arrived on scene or location.
10-98 typically means leaving scene or location.

Sounds like all units have left "the scene" or a location and the area can now be secured or locked up.

I'm not sure, it just seems to make sense.

ChrisE_STB

CA Database Admin
Database Admin
I have a friend thats a Dispatcher for Ventura Police Dept. and when its shift change the Watch commander tells the Dispatcher on Band 1 to advise the B Watch units, they are Clear to secure, and for them that means They are clear to go off duty. Hope that helps you

Chris

landonjensen

Thats what i was exactly thinking it was for. Thanks for you help.

3-SAM-12 said:
I have a friend thats a Dispatcher for Ventura Police Dept. and when its shift change the Watch commander tells the Dispatcher on Band 1 to advise the B Watch units, they are Clear to secure, and for them that means They are clear to go off duty. Hope that helps you

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.