• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Freightliner cascadia

Status
Not open for further replies.

timenright

Anyone running a single antenna on a Freightliner Cascadia? they come cophased and I want to single it out and use one side for 11 meter and the other side for 10 meter (switched). I was just wondering about the ground plane in the factory mount position ...

... tim

Chipster

Drop the headliner

Probably have to drop the headliner to trace it. I run a Cascadia day cab and had to take off the right antenna because it kept hitting the air dam up there. Sounds like it you are loosing a fender and very irritating. I pulled out a bunch of the factory panels from the the front of the headliner and never could find the coax. The roof is plastic so I settled for a vise grip mount on the grab handle behind the cab. I figured they would be mounted in rubber, and not ground very well, but it seems to do OK.

Thayne

Those are co-phased like you say and there is a multiplexer that lets them use the 2 ants for CB, WX, AM-FM & cellular. My son has a columbia but I have never had a chance to find the coax routing & multiplexer. I would bet it is somewhere near the top compartment area though. He knocked one of the 54" masts off and it really messed up the coverage. Some company called R.A. Miller makes them for Freightliner. I bet if you called them maybe some info would be possible.

timenright

We have the multiplex system and RAMI claims that the setup will work just as good as a non-multiplex system. I really want to have an antenna for my 10 meter radio so I am going to pull some new cables to bypass the multiplexer. We shall see ...

timenright

Nice! my eventual goal (2,10,11 meter) do you have pictures of your antennas? how much seperation did you come up with between antennas? you help is appreciated ...

... tim

xcalibr

First time here, suffered the same problems as you all have discussed. First, the multiplexer is behind the speedometer. The coax runs down the drivers side A piller into the multiplexer, then under the drivers side floor mat to the antenna. I ran coax to the original mounting location on drivers side, but didn't have a real good ground plain. I fab-ed up a mirror mount (Cost for materials 42.50) and now have good ground plain, 1:1 SWR on 19. Can give anyone that wants to fab up this mount a parts list.

Thayne

Glad to see this pop up again. Anybody ever try or see how to tie a cell into it? Evidently the multiplexer is is made to piggyback that on also.
I realize most on here want to maximize performance for CB or 10M.
My son the trucker still needs an external Cell/PCS antenna so since I will probably have to pony up the labor I was looking for an easier way out than installing a dedicated one.

xcalibr

Multiplexer

The multiplexer does have a place to screw in a cell phone cable, you can get the extension cable and the adapter for the phone (what ever type you have) at Wilson Antenna. You can order it online. The part # is 952310 - 10' Extension Cable - Times Microwave LMR-400 Ultra Low Loss Coax and I found this at wpsantennas.com - Cellular Antenna and Amplifier Reception Solutions - Search. Hope this helps. Like I said before I've been through this truck with a fine tooth comb trying to get my radio to work right. Could tell you anything you want to know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.