• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

got new radio pc 66 xl

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9emz

I cant wait to see this thread get going....

Let me see if I can help you out. My opinion's a CB is a CB and, as CB radios go, the first edition PC-66XL and PC-78XL were good AM CB units....they still are. All I really require in such a radio is an on/off/volume knob and a channel selector with channel indicator, although a good noise blanker/limiter is a nice touch. If all anyone else wants is a good performing basic CB, the Uniden Pro510 is the way to go....$35-$45 depending on the source.

Anybody that's been doing this for awhile will have their own equipment to check/adjust SWR and other functions. I just don't care for the other $0.50-$10.00 trinkets the manufacturers bundle in a unit to raise the radio price $50-$100 more.

I can look out the window to find out the weather, I have something better than a radio's built-in SWR function to dial in my installations, and if I want to go to channel 9 I can twist the channel selector, etc.

DX949

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Kind of like a bad car wreck, you really don't want to look...

... but you just can't help yourself, huh? ;)

Like a red light district........you just cant keep away.

canav844

I'm thinking that 29 listed in your signature will have a clearer cleaner crisper sound. And frankly it's annoying when you're trying to talk to someone and the echo gets to be severe (very minimal can sound ok though). It's one thing to sound cool, it's another thing entirely to converse with someone, just something to keep in mind if you try and talk to me while I'm on the road and the CB is on.

2beers4me

I would probably cringe at what the guy in the video charged for that radio. "8 hours of labor", doesn't really seem worth it on that little radio for some echo and 18 watts, just my o2. What a salesman that guy is in the video lol.

2beers4me

i got it cause it was pretty,pretty cheap considering the work......

paid 80 with shipping

That's a good deal. Sometimes you see guys throw an echo board and some aftermarket lights on a radio, and try to get rich off of someone. Enjoy your new radio.

Aircargo

Premium Subscriber
yea it is....i can almost get money back with 29.....but keeping it maybe.

did i mention...2 year warrenty i pay shipping if it breaks.

pc 78 xl...not the elite...was 110....shouldve went 4 that....free shipping.....lol

trace1

swings pretty good.

Well here's a little ditty for ya'...

It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got that swing
(doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah)
It don't mean a thing all you got to do is sing
(doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah, doo-ah)
It makes no difference
If it's sweet or hot
Just give that rhythm
Everything you've got

;)

countywacker

Wow!!!! 12 post already and no one is saying that the radio is illegal because its over 4 watts or you wasted your money on geting it tuned. Im so upset this is boring....lol

Status
Not open for further replies.