• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

The truth about some Ham radio operators

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirtyLarry

OK that was pretty funny. Now lets do one for CB. These are all things I've heard. We will call it:

The Truth about some CB users

I got me a 35 watt power supply for this Cobra and I'm talkin 10 miles more than I used to.

My wifes boobs is bigger than all you boys wifes boobs.

I am an antenna engineer because of my 36 years of CB experience.

The metal rooftop on my trailer makes the worlds best ground plane.

My linear caught on fire last night after we put that mod on it.

I got to get these SWRs out of my coax.

Do ya'll know where I can get my radio modded so I can talk on the garbage truck channels?

You &^&^^mother^&&&dad gum*&*(*^^%^&^!!!!!!!! (And he was talkin to his Dad)

I'll be back in a minute I gotto go out in the yard and help my wife find her teeth.

I engineered my first antenna at age 12 out of a coat hanger wire and tin foil.

I got to turn the radio off fellers. Its makin the smoke alarm beep.

I got to trim my coax to run them SWRs out.

When I key up my radio in the mobile with my linyear my alternator light comes on and the engine dies. What do ya'll think I should do?

This meter says I got 160 degree modulation. (Thats a hot mike!)

(2 guys arguing on 27.520 (way out of band) and one says) We got a legal right to use this channel.

I let LectriCal super tune my radio and now it ain't puttin out but 1 watt. He said he used to work at the radio shack. I figured he knew what he was doin.

I'll never get my ham license. I went up on 10 meters and they hollered at me and told me to get off thair frequency. Those arrogant &*^%$%% bastards.

TractorMan ain't gone be on tonight. His wife got outa jail today and he says he'll be plowin her field for at least a week.

I used to have a CB that would transmit on them NASA space channels and I talked to the spacemen.

Thair ain't nothin unhealthy about no cigarettes. They ain't never killed nobody.

This one is the best: My girlfriend is hotter than any of you guys. (I sure hope so!!!!!!!!!!)

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Don't forget my radio's "legal" it key's 4 and swing's 40 watts!

mike_gain

Remember these? It sounds kinda muffeled up here, but I'm sure it sounds clear on down the road. Them antron 99's got 10 DB gain. Gotta check that Standard Wave. I hooked my cb up to a satelite dish and talked all over the world.

kb2vxa

Banned
When I was a CBer I knew "Uncle Charlie" who claimed he could hear satellites broadcasting propaganda from Communist China. Now that I'm a ham I talk to satellites for real.

DX949

Banned
When I was a CBer I knew "Uncle Charlie" who claimed he could hear satellites broadcasting propaganda from Communist China. Now that I'm a ham I talk to satellites for real.

I know what you mean,I do the same thing with my satellite phone.

Thayne

Having been around radio types since I was a kid, I understand the idiosyncracies of most of us; but recently when I took a GROL test that was given by some VEC Hams I realized 2 out of three of them were really "Out there." I had to go and have a few beers when it was over to forget about them ;)

I barely missed passing so next time I am going to somewhere else to try it again---

DX949

Banned
Having been around radio types since I was a kid, I understand the idiosyncracies of most of us; but recently when I took a GROL test that was given by some VEC Hams I realized 2 out of three of them were really "Out there." I had to go and have a few beers when it was over to forget about them ;)

I barely missed passing so next time I am going to somewhere else to try it again---

Poor you.........good luck on your next try,keep at it and you will succeed,I'm working on getting my CW.

DX949

Banned
Well, that was a wasted 1:45 that I'll never get back. *eye roll*
And don't forget the 4 secs it took you to post..................*Butt up and farting*

Status
Not open for further replies.