• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola CM-510

Status
Not open for further replies.

alvine

Here is a Motorola CM-510 CB radio i just restored. It came from Motorola with a dark gray color. I put on a light gray.

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 6,785
  • Motorola CM-510.jpg
    Motorola CM-510.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 4,775
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 4,694
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 4,666

hockeyshrink

Very cool!

I had a couple of the later Mocats in the late 70's, but that CM 510 is classic Motorola

Thanx for sharing

alvine

Yes Motorola made Mocats, Meters, Antennas, Power Supply for there radios. I will post pictures of what i have. I do collect them.

alvine

Motorola Mocat 4002

This is my Motorola 4002. If you notice that the Motorola logo is in blue.

Attachments

• Picture 005.jpg
    Picture 005.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 4,626

hockeyshrink

Yes Motorola made Mocats, Meters, Antennas, Power Supply for there radios. I will post pictures of what i have. I do collect them.

Yeah, I had the black Mocat antenna on my black/white Torino...it was pretty slick. Don't have the antenna anymore, but I have 3 yellowing Mocat radios in the garage.

Oh, back in the day.....

Wyandotte, I did not know either.

alvine, they are in good shape..thanx for sharing

Last edited:

alvine

Motorola 1136 Base Radio

Here is my Motorola 1136 CB base station

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 6,807

alvine

Motorola swr/watt/mod meter

Here is a Motorola CB meter

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 4,875

alvine

Motorola CB Power Supply

Motorola made there own power supply so you could use your radio for a base or mobile. This one i have is new in the box.

Attachments

• Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 4,355

alvine

Motorola Mocat CB Antenna

They also made there own mobile antennas. This one i have is new.

Attachments

• Picture 007.jpg
    Picture 007.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 3,910
  • Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 3,901
  • Picture 010.jpg
    Picture 010.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 3,911
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 3,877

alvine

Motorola Button

They also had buttons to ware to coffee breaks, if you remember the coffee breaks

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 3,892

DX949

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
They also had buttons to ware to coffee breaks, if you remember the coffee breaks

Wow ! very cool....Its a blast in the past,thank you for sharing your pics Alvine.

SOFA_KING

Here is my Motorola 1136 CB base station

I have one of these!

I also have two Mocat 2020's, which are much more sensitive than the 4020 as half of the guts are missing in the 40 channel units. My 2020's now do 40 channels! ;)

Those were very good rdios. The "Extender" noise blanker is the same used in the commercial two-way Motorola low band radios. It really takes the pulse noise out and lets you hear weaks signals. Two 2020's at 4 watts can go the distance.

Phil :cool:

hockeyshrink

I have one of these!

I also have two Mocat 2020's, which are much more sensitive than the 4020 as half of the guts are missing in the 40 channel units. My 2020's now do 40 channels! ;)

Those were very good rdios. The "Extender" noise blanker is the same used in the commercial two-way Motorola low band radios. It really takes the pulse noise out and lets you hear weaks signals. Two 2020's at 4 watts can go the distance.

Now you guys have me wanting to pull mine out too....the Mocats, that is (2020, 4000, 4022)!

Did you have the problem of the white yellowing, especially the mic? Is there anything that can be done abouit that?

Last edited:

SOFA_KING

Now you guys have me wanting to pull mine out too....the Mocats, that is (2020, 4000, 4022)!

Did you have the problem of the white yellowing, especially the mic? Is there anything that can be done abouit that?

Yes, I did. Even my Motorola Micor professional two-way stuff turned tan. :(

Motorola plastics improved in the early 80's with a non-yellowing formula, but that period was shortlived when they started to make cheaper parts (mics wihout a spring strain relief and metal /\/\ logo badge). Those were the best years (long gone). And the days of making radios with matching style mics, speakers, and control heads went out the door around the same time. The Mitrek was the last and the best for plasics, looks, and great radio design. Today it's a black box with a dingy underware colored mic...and a /\/\ that rubs off if you clean the mic one time. :mad:

SCPD

QRT
No Way! you guys altered the faceplates and added in the Motorola logo! I never knew Motorola made a CB radio, What were the years it was manufactured and Where can I get my hands on one?

JayMojave

Hello Max Traxker:

Yes Motorola did make some really fine CB radios back in the day. I bought three of the mobile System 500 and a System 550 AM & SSB CB radios. Around 1972 to 1977, ballpark. I have seen the Motorola CB radios on E-Bay at times.

The great thing about the Motorola CB radios was the fantastic receiver they had, it had a kind of slow AGC and the IF was well filtered. The receiver had a special noise/pulse canceling circuit that allowed you to drive down the freeway with almost no noise. Allowing longer range contacts.

The Bad thing was the microphones they used, it was a dynamic type mic, that had many windings around a magnet, that the too fine of wire would break leaving the radio useless for transmitting. By slightly modifying a Commercial Motorola Mic, (which looked great!) changing the mic cord and transistor buffer type pre-amp circuit in the mic, and your back on the air. With a "tricked out" Motorola Commercial Mic.

Thats why I have a old Motrack without a mic.

I have modified several new looking Commercial Motorola Mic's for CB, Ham, and other radios. You usually can find them on e-bay or a swap meet, like the TRW swap meet in Los Angles. It does take some time to add in the up/down switches and other controls but well worth the time when your done.

Jay in the Mojave

No Way! you guys altered the faceplates and added in the Motorola logo! I never knew Motorola made a CB radio, What were the years it was manufactured and Where can I get my hands on one?

alvine

Motorola CB Radios (Model CM-540)

I do not know if i posted a picture of my CM-540 or not. I just love this radio. I like the way it scans all 40 channels like a police scanner. I was told that the CM-540 is a very rare radio. I do not know if this is true or not. I was also told that the CM-540 was the very last Motorola CB radio that they made. Can anyone tell me anything about this. I would like to know as much as i can on the Motorola CB radios. Here is a picture of mine. Like i said i do not no if i posted a picture of it or not. So please do not get upset if i have posted it already. Thanks and have a great day.

Attachments

• Motorola CM-540.jpg
    Motorola CM-540.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 5,076
Status
Not open for further replies.