• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CB Radio chatter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
That's precisely WHY I can't tolerate most of the ingrates on cb any more!!!
ICK!!
N9ZAS.

2beers4me

I wouldn't expect anything less from the channel you were on. It's a shame when these idiots are carrying on about nothing when people are trying to work. Many drivers don't keep their radios on anymore. They only turn them on in a traffic situation because of this kind of crap. It's a shame.

canav844

Many drivers don't keep their radios on anymore. They only turn them on in a traffic situation because of this kind of crap. It's a shame.
Yup, esp because I've seen how helpful it can be used to help people too. Between direction giving and locating hit and run drivers and preventing damage to cars and trucks in tire and equipment failure warnings (loose loads, tire treads in the lanes etc)

I travel a lot and if I want to converse on the radio I've got my HAM ticket and a list of repeaters on my route. Only really ever turn the CB above a whisper if there's something clearly going on, and the second garbage like this comes on off goes the radio altogether.:mad:

DX949

Banned
That's precisely WHY I can't tolerate most of the ingrates on cb any more!!!
ICK!!
N9ZAS.

But we have to tolerate you on the CB forum !.......just kidding :0)

2beers4me

Yup, esp because I've seen how helpful it can be used to help people too. Between direction giving and locating hit and run drivers and preventing damage to cars and trucks in tire and equipment failure warnings (loose loads, tire treads in the lanes etc)

I travel a lot and if I want to converse on the radio I've got my HAM ticket and a list of repeaters on my route. Only really ever turn the CB above a whisper if there's something clearly going on, and the second garbage like this comes on off goes the radio altogether.:mad:

Yes sir, you have hit the nail on the head. Sometimes you just want to let another driver about a hazard, or his equipment, and you might get ahold of him half the time.

DX949

Banned
Well you're REAL lucky you don't have to listen to me on the air!!!lol
N9ZAS.

LOLOLOL.....................I bet we would get along just fine :0)

APTN

Sounds like me with my CB.

Allan_Love_Jr

Not all CB Channels are all bad. Only Channel 19. I do at times talk to some good folks on Channel 14. I do go on Channel 19 to cause trouble at times. There are at times where one can get some very good entrainment on Channel 19. Bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.