• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CB with remote or detachable head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sccafire

Is there a company that makes one to be able to use in the USA? I have seen them for Australia but not here.

Thanks in advance,

freqs

Maxon at one time made a cb like that dont remember the model #. i searched all the cb shops on line. copper electronic h y electronics to name a few no luck on new ones .you might find one on c-list or e=bay

Stormscanner

Feed Provider
The only one that I know of that may be close to what you want would be the Cobra 75 WX ST Compact/Remote Mount CB Radio.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Midland use to market a mobile which had a "D" shaped head with all the controls on it or the mic. and would connect to the main transceiver,but I don't recall the model #
N9ZAS

DX949

Banned
Is there a company that makes one to be able to use in the USA? I have seen them for Australia but not here.

Thanks in advance,

I don't think so......I think the Australian CB you are referring to is a Uniden product,if not, Uniden does make them.
You can always send them an E-mail and find out if you can get one from them or something.

Or you can always try to get N9ZASS to try to remember the number of his old CB ! and maybe he will sell it to you..........if its not at the bottom of some body of water of course with his HF stuff (HF is a lot like CB didn't you no ! ).........lol......For a guy that hates CB's he sure knows a lot about them...........well product names anyways.....lol.......just kidding.
The Australian Uniden CB product number is UH015sx............but it sports 5 watts, not legal in the states.
But you never know,you can always ask if they have a 4 watt model.
Good luck.

gewecke

Banned
Now ,now be nice! I was trying to help here,not start a ranting session.
Oh yeah,...and get my call right if you have to refer to it!
N9ZAS

DX949

Banned
Now ,now be nice! I was trying to help here,not start a ranting session.
Oh yeah,...and get my call right if you have to refer to it!
N9ZAS
I was just joking.....seeing that you have a sense of Humor,I figured you wouldn't mind,Sorry about the typo
N9JZASS.

gewecke

Banned
I was just joking.....seeing that you have a sense of Humor,I figured you wouldn't mind,Sorry about the typo
N9JZASS.

No prob! Hey kirk said something above about Uhf ?
Did they have uhf cb's in australia? Didn't know that,I thought they were the same
as here in the states.
N9ZAS

DX949

Banned
No prob! Hey kirk said something above about Uhf ?
Did they have uhf cb's in australia? Didn't know that,I thought they were the same
as here in the states.
N9ZAS
That would be a good question to ask kirk Z9NASS !
Or you could always look it up yourself and come back with the info.

scansalot52

I don't know of one today, but for old time's sake...RS TRC-461 1978
1978 Radio Shack Catalog page 161

If only I"d bought the extension cable I'd make you a good deal on one if it still works. I had one in my parent's car glove box. Even used a AM/FM/CB antenna coupler for a complete stealth install.

zzdiesel

I bought an in-dash stereo back in '78 at Wal-Mart that had a built-in CB. The CB actually mounted under a seat or in the trunk. I can't remember the brand but that thing cranked up about as good as a Cobra 29GTL

Status
Not open for further replies.