• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

11 Meter DX Clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMojave

Hello Bearcat012: That looks like a lot of fun, good going sharing that with us.

We have a local group of radio enthuiasts that are kind of unoffical and don't really have a group name or club. But there is a Mojave Desert Radio Association and they are a great group.

We have radio get togethers for coffee and a few of the local coffee shops, and an occional lunch or buffay. But the all time great is the BBQ's that we throw were all kinds of folk show up and we have a blast. We even get a few of the local hams to show up. We all call first asking what to bring.

Prime Rib, Hot Dogs and Hamburgrs, Ribs, and what ever else you could think of we have and no one leaves hungry. Its great to see all the different antenna, radio, and linear installations that are out there.
With so many people we usually have to send out for more what ever at times, so local field strenth tests are done between two mobiles.

Mass quantities of cold beer are there and there are a few coutches to crash on when one has had too many mass quantities.

Motor Cycles, ATV's, and Dune Biggies are brought for roaming the desert. And thats always a blast, listening in on the desert patrol of vehicles. Have to get one once and a while and tow em in.

Jay in the Mojave

Last edited:

k9rzz

I think it's funny that they have a straight key sending "CQ" in morse code on their page. :^)

cqkeyani%20-84%20long.gif

JayMojave

Hello Bearcat012:

Yeah its a lot of fun, and I always look forward going to the BBQ's. Supposed to have one of the locals show up with a QSL card from South Africa and Ant Artica.

We have been kicking around having another CB Break, will discuss it all at the BBQ tonight.

Jay in the Mojave

haleve

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I dont know of any CB clubs here in Florida but if anybody is interested just let me know, I'm all ears, I have a Cobra 29 LX LE in my shack & am looking for one to put in my car.

swen_out_west

Hello Bearcat012: That looks like a lot of fun, good going sharing that with us.

We have a local group of radio enthuiasts that are kind of unoffical and don't really have a group name or club. But there is a Mojave Desert Radio Association and they are a great group.

We have radio get togethers for coffee and a few of the local coffee shops, and an occional lunch or buffay. But the all time great is the BBQ's that we throw were all kinds of folk show up and we have a blast. We even get a few of the local hams to show up. We all call first asking what to bring.

Prime Rib, Hot Dogs and Hamburgrs, Ribs, and what ever else you could think of we have and no one leaves hungry. Its great to see all the different antenna, radio, and linear installations that are out there.
With so many people we usually have to send out for more what ever at times, so local field strenth tests are done between two mobiles.

Mass quantities of cold beer are there and there are a few coutches to crash on when one has had too many mass quantities.

Motor Cycles, ATV's, and Dune Biggies are brought for roaming the desert. And thats always a blast, listening in on the desert patrol of vehicles. Have to get one once and a while and tow em in.

Jay in the Mojave

Is this still a thing or not. Where they meet up Jawbone, Dove Springs or Cuddeback? Or do they just ride down by you?

I am extremely interested in stuff like this with some fellow desert rats.

Status
Not open for further replies.