RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > CB Radio Forum

CB Radio Forum - Discussions regarding Citizens Band Radio (CB)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-2012, 1:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default 11 Meter DX Clubs

Here is a very professional 11 Meter DX club.

Oscar Kilo International Dx Group - Free Membership

What groups do you 11 Meter folks belong to?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:01 AM

Hello Bearcat012: That looks like a lot of fun, good going sharing that with us.

We have a local group of radio enthuiasts that are kind of unoffical and don't really have a group name or club. But there is a Mojave Desert Radio Association and they are a great group.

We have radio get togethers for coffee and a few of the local coffee shops, and an occional lunch or buffay. But the all time great is the BBQ's that we throw were all kinds of folk show up and we have a blast. We even get a few of the local hams to show up. We all call first asking what to bring.

Prime Rib, Hot Dogs and Hamburgrs, Ribs, and what ever else you could think of we have and no one leaves hungry. Its great to see all the different antenna, radio, and linear installations that are out there.
With so many people we usually have to send out for more what ever at times, so local field strenth tests are done between two mobiles.

Mass quantities of cold beer are there and there are a few coutches to crash on when one has had too many mass quantities.

Motor Cycles, ATV's, and Dune Biggies are brought for roaming the desert. And thats always a blast, listening in on the desert patrol of vehicles. Have to get one once and a while and tow em in.

Jay in the Mojave

Last edited by JayMojave; 02-25-2012 at 10:19 AM.. Reason: spelling fix
Old 02-25-2012, 11:08 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I think it's funny that they have a straight key sending "CQ" in morse code on their page. :^)

Old 02-26-2012, 8:24 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Now that sounds like fun

Sent from my DROID Pro using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2012, 8:49 AM

Hello Bearcat012:

Yeah its a lot of fun, and I always look forward going to the BBQ's. Supposed to have one of the locals show up with a QSL card from South Africa and Ant Artica.

We have been kicking around having another CB Break, will discuss it all at the BBQ tonight.

Jay in the Mojave
Sponsored links
Old 03-06-2012, 6:12 PM
Completely Banned for the Greater Good

Thumbs up 11 Meter DX Clubs

I dont know of any CB clubs here in Florida but if anybody is interested just let me know, I'm all ears, I have a Cobra 29 LX LE in my shack & am looking for one to put in my car.
Old 11-18-2016, 1:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMojave View Post
Hello Bearcat012: That looks like a lot of fun, good going sharing that with us.

We have a local group of radio enthuiasts that are kind of unoffical and don't really have a group name or club. But there is a Mojave Desert Radio Association and they are a great group.

We have radio get togethers for coffee and a few of the local coffee shops, and an occional lunch or buffay. But the all time great is the BBQ's that we throw were all kinds of folk show up and we have a blast. We even get a few of the local hams to show up. We all call first asking what to bring.

Prime Rib, Hot Dogs and Hamburgrs, Ribs, and what ever else you could think of we have and no one leaves hungry. Its great to see all the different antenna, radio, and linear installations that are out there.
With so many people we usually have to send out for more what ever at times, so local field strenth tests are done between two mobiles.

Mass quantities of cold beer are there and there are a few coutches to crash on when one has had too many mass quantities.

Motor Cycles, ATV's, and Dune Biggies are brought for roaming the desert. And thats always a blast, listening in on the desert patrol of vehicles. Have to get one once and a while and tow em in.

Jay in the Mojave
Is this still a thing or not. Where they meet up Jawbone, Dove Springs or Cuddeback? Or do they just ride down by you?

I am extremely interested in stuff like this with some fellow desert rats.
Old 07-10-2017, 10:24 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Location: Summit of Mount Washington, Sargentís Purchase, New Hampshire (6,288 feet / 1917 meters elevation)

American Eagle SSB CBers Club has been around for 25 years. It has over 1650 registered members

∆ - American Eagle SSB CBers Club - cb radio dxing ( shooting skip )
https://www.Facebook.com/AmericanEagleCB
Old 07-11-2017, 5:45 PM

Good Times Gang!! https://youtu.be/2B3n6J2EueY