• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NEW CBer Cobra 29 nw wx st w/ little wil modding questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

dornbla9

hi guys im newer to cb i have had 2 for years used them but never knew why i wasnt getting any rx then i got out for a while till i started looking around on the net, anyways i have a uniden pc68ltw and a cobra 25 nw ltd that i am selling because i just got a cobra 29 nw wx st and i am possibly getting a 200 watt mosfet amp from my buddy and running it into a little wil i also just bought now what can i do for mods i have heard swing kit, modulation kits, finals but what do they mean and what could i combine to not over power the amp its not a high drive amp so my buddy said like 5 watts but i dont know what i can do. another guy i know said he has his cb set up so when he has no amp hooked up he can run higher watts and when he hooks up his amp he can lower the watts and let the amp do the work please explain to the rookie. also can power mic's be used with amps and mods or amps with modded radios

thank you

WouffHong

In a few words - Don't go there! - Sample FCC action enclosed.

hi guys im newer to cb i have had 2 for years used them but never knew why i wasnt getting any rx then i got out for a while till i started looking around on the net, anyways i have a uniden pc68ltw and a cobra 25 nw ltd that i am selling because i just got a cobra 29 nw wx st and i am possibly getting a 200 watt mosfet amp from my buddy and running it into a little wil i also just bought now what can i do for mods i have heard swing kit, modulation kits, finals but what do they mean and what could i combine to not over power the amp its not a high drive amp so my buddy said like 5 watts but i dont know what i can do. another guy i know said he has his cb set up so when he has no amp hooked up he can run higher watts and when he hooks up his amp he can lower the watts and let the amp do the work please explain to the rookie. also can power mic's be used with amps and mods or amps with modded radios

thank you

Reent FCC Action:

Notice of apparent liability for forfeiture AND ORDER

Adopted: November 1, 2011 Released: November 1, 2011

By the District Director, Tampa Office, South Central Region, Enforcement
Bureau:

I. Introduction

1. In this Notice of Apparent Liability for Forfeiture and Order ("NAL"),
we find that Michael W. Perry ("Mr. Perry") apparently willfully
violated section 301 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended
("Act"), and sections 95.409 and 95.411 of the Commission's rules
("Rules"), by operating a radio transmitter without the requisite
Commission authorization. We conclude that Mr. Perry is apparently
liable for a forfeiture in the amount of ten thousand dollars
($10,000). In addition, no later than thirty (30) calendar days from
the date of this NAL, Mr. Perry must submit a statement signed under
penalty of perjury that he is no longer engaged in unlicensed radio
operations.

II. BACKGROUND

2. On March 31, 2011, in response to a complaint of interference, agents
from the Enforcement Bureau's Tampa Office ("Tampa Office"), used
direction-finding techniques to locate the source of the interference
to a signal on Citizens Band ("CB") channel 28 (on frequency 27.2850
MHz), emanating from Mr. Perry's residence. The same day, agents from
the Tampa Office inspected Mr. Perry's CB station, which he admitted
to using earlier that day. The agents observed a non-certificated CB
transmitter and three linear amplifiers as part of Mr. Perry's CB
station. Mr. Perry admitted to the agents that two of the three linear
amplifiers were capable of generating a power output of 200 watts and
1,500 watts, respectively, and that he had never tested the third. The
agents observed that the transmitter and two of the amplifiers were
warm to the touch, indicating that the devices had been recently
operated.

JayMojave

Hello Dornbla9:

The Little Will Antenna may noy take that amount of power. That antenna is the smallest Wilson Antenna and is designed for low power. I have taken a few apart to fix.

Suggest you use a Wilson 1000 or 5000 Antenna, much better antennas. The 2000 I have not seen or heard of too much success.

Good luck

Jay in the Mojave

thank you

WQFM513

Shoot me a text (971) 266-7313 or a pm so your post does not get flammed, I have information for educational purposes only. I do not recomend any of the mods I can tell you about due to them making your radio non fcc compliant. The above poster sumed it all up, run big power and the fcc'll get ya.

dornbla9

oh i didnt know that no wonder i couldnt find anything about amps for cbs lol. well i cant even mod the radio for better audio or anything

Status
Not open for further replies.