• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Do people still buy CB Radio's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shortwave2200

Premium Subscriber
I'm asking B/C I'm going to try and sell my 40 Channel Realistic TRC 222, But I do not want to waste my time posting if I'm not going to get any bites.

Works great, I just don't use it anymore.

And what is the going price for something like this in excellent condition?

Thanks

k3cfc

Silent Key
I'm asking B/C I'm going to try and sell my 40 Channel Realistic TRC 222, But I do not want to waste my time posting if I'm not going to get any bites.

Works great, I just don't use it anymore.

And what is the going price for something like this in excellent condition?

Thanks

Not really. in today's world they buy ham radios and convert them. illegal as it get's but who cares not the fcc. so i would put it on craigs list with pics and see who bites.

good luck

redneckcellphone

Premium Subscriber
With cb it's hit and miss. I haven't met very many collectors that would buy a walki talki cb but then again I haven't met everyone lol

Sent from my iPhone yes iPhone using Tapatalk app thingy

KC9VZV

Premium Subscriber
I looked into this a while ago, and I found almost exactly what has already been said. Mostly though that CB is being used, overall, less and less.

LtDoc

With a quick 'google', I see a pair of them currently at $49.00. No idea if that's 'acceptable' to you or not.
- 'Doc

rapidcharger

You might take it to your next city council meeting and tell them it's the next big thing and that they need to "upgrade" their radios to it and that you'll sell it to them for only 14.2 million dollars. Be sure to use that word "upgrade" that's very important and tell them it will keep them safe from al qaeda.

Maybe connect a little LCD voltage meter to it and tell them it's "digital" and will help make them "interoperable".

That would be what I would do.
If they don't bite, there's always ebay. You can use the same description there but include "GMRS" and "HAM" or something like "95% NEW"

peterwo2e

nobody buys or sales cb radios anymore. they put a few extra channels make them go to 28 mhz add a few more watts and stamp them with the name amateur radio therefore hiding behind the ham radio umbrella and make a fortune selling these bootleg junk.

k3cfc

Silent Key
Really ! Galaxy DX are very popular because so much can be done with them. an RFX 150 has just been released to the market and depending what model and if it is installed and tuned properly it can achieve 150 watts. pretty impressive for a CB huh. is it illegal of course it is but who cares? nobody.

You have a super day.

Blackink

You might take it to your next city council meeting and tell them it's the next big thing and that they need to "upgrade" their radios to it and that you'll sell it to them for only 14.2 million dollars. Be sure to use that word "upgrade" that's very important and tell them it will keep them safe from al qaeda.

Maybe connect a little LCD voltage meter to it and tell them it's "digital" and will help make them "interoperable".

Sounds like something my town would jump at !!!
And if you showed em it was "digital".....well, they'd probably fall over themselves trying to look at it.....!

peterwo2e

Really ! Galaxy DX are very popular because so much can be done with them. an RFX 150 has just been released to the market and depending what model and if it is installed and tuned properly it can achieve 150 watts. pretty impressive for a CB huh. is it illegal of course it is but who cares? nobody.

You have a super day.

well k3cfc i think it will take more than a few watts to be a true amateur rig. it is what it is! you get what you pay for.

k3cfc

Silent Key
well k3cfc i think it will take more than a few watts to be a true amateur rig. it is what it is! you get what you pay for.

I am so confused. when and where did i say anything about a Galaxy being an amateur radio? I suggest that you read again.

Man alive.

peterwo2e

I am so confused. when and where did i say anything about a Galaxy being an amateur radio? I suggest that you read again.

Man alive.

sorry i confused you. and no wont read again cause is not important.

shortride

Premium Subscriber
Yes people still buy CB radios. Not nears as many as in the 70's and 80's but there are a few that are satisfied with a legal 5 watt radio for local talking. The only issue now is being able to talk with 5 watts over all of the inconsiderate operators that are only interested in talking over everyone else with a linear amplifier.

Hurricane892

I know plenty of people in my locale that are still interested in a standard CB radio. Most of them run mobile, and there's a few that still have a base.

k8krh

CB is alive and well, and places still sell them.
I counted cb whips in my county the other day from cars to pickup trucks..2 days... 27......with antennas.

It is the non licensed ham band..do what you want....lot of cq's on chnl 38, 39 I noticed..acctually I noticed some DX stations listening..better band openings than 10 meters..
DOCTOR/795

Status
Not open for further replies.