• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

11 meater dx

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Considering that frequency is an International calling freq, there's little the FCC can do to most users.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
First of all, 11 meaters are more hamburgers than you can eat. Now lets try meters. (;->)

DX on CB is illegal considering the 150 mile rule limit, that's one. 26.265 is out of band, that's two. To borrow a twisted lyric from Clash, FCC don't like it, rockin' da rad-yo, rockin' da rad-yo.

Oh and BTW, the frequency is quite... what? (;->)

JayMojave

Hello Potbellyperch: You can see why amature radio hobby has a real turn off coefficent from the replys of the not so frendly hams. They have a Bary Fifth, bullet in the shirt pocket mentality, put everyone in jail. A real shame. Most the amateur radio ops are a lot better than this.

Why is 26.285 Mc, a noted frequency for skip? Is there a club or group there? Thats pretty far of the beaten path of frequencies. I'll tune down there this week end and give it a good listening too.

Jay in the Mojave

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
26.285 as previously stated, is an international calling frequency. Another popular frequency is 27.555.. No clubs hang there, just a bunch of ops looking for DX, and these are the popularly used frequencies, have been for decades.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
11 meters

When I took my first amateur exam, there was a girl under ten who also passed and got her license. Those complaining about silent frequencies need to get off their hind ends and take the no code if they really want to play radio.

cabletech

First off, unless you are using a highly modifyed CB radio, or a ham radio, you will not get to 26.285.

Now if you are listening on a scanner, that is differant.

26.285 is WAY below the CB band and is mostly used by goverment,

And to top it off, there IS NO international DX calling frequency

pjtnascar

What is this, English reference? Anyway, the noted frequency is not a legal CB frequency. Yes there are many amateur radio snobs out there, but in this case the guys here are correct. As an amateur who came from the world of CB radio, I can only encourage you to expand your horizons as a radio hobbyist and try amateur radio. If you enjoy dx, you will enjoy ham radio. The rules arent hard to follow and the test is not bad.

Just my 2 cents.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
"What is this, English reference?"
No, but such blatant spelling and grammatical errors make one look ignorant and turn angry remarks into funny jokes. It rather dulls the edge now doesn't it?

"As an amateur who came from the world of CB radio, I can only encourage you to expand your horizons as a radio hobbyist and try amateur radio."
I second that and add my experience with CB both good and bad leads me to at least attempt to lead CBers in the right direction. That of course excludes support and encouragement of illegal operation, still we get flamed for it.

"Just was not sure I understood, sorry I graduated from High School."
Don't be sorry, be proud you learned something and stand head and shoulders over those who didn't. They could be walking in your shoes if only they had a mind for accomplishment.

mikepdx

...such blatant spelling and grammatical errors make one look ignorant and turn angry remarks into funny jokes.

Those who spell amateur as "amature" look downright scholarly
compared to those who spell it as "armature".

Merry Christmas and have a Happy New Year, Warren...

Last edited:

kd7rto

The subject matter, combined with the poorly written way it was expressed. This fits stereotypes a little too closely. I suspect a troll.

pjtnascar

The English reference refers to the need for people to correct others' spelling. One has no way of knowing why a person may make spelling errors. It could be the poster's education is/was lacking, or the person may have dyslexia or any one of a number of challenges that make spelling difficult.It could be just plain laziness, too. Yes, I don't condone operation outside of the legal frequencies, and anyone who would post in a public forum about his/her use of illegal frequencies is not using his/her head.

That said, I am annoyed by spelling errors as much as anyone else, yet I don't feel the need to make someone feel like crap because he didn't spell correctly. It's a forum, not a dissertation.Itry to make amateur radio look interesting or cool, and refrain from making it seem like a hobby full of know-it-alls and tattletales.

Status
Not open for further replies.