• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CB Radio over the Internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayMojave

Hello Space Man: You just have to look around, I am sure there out there. Maybe some clubs have it hooked up.

I know some of the incredo high power ham guys use the internet receivers on the east coast, to hear the Europe Stations from the west coast.

We use to have a local 220 to 2 meter repeater that, that was switched on to repeat some of the local CB stations, for fun. Everybody liked that. Lots of fun. Most everybody monitored these frequencies, and a lot guys got their ham Lic over this.

Jay in the Mojave

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
OH MY GOD

Not CB on 2 m or 220. I certainly hope not. Wouldn't be legal and I would hope the controller of the repeater would shut it off faster than a light switch. Every thing is so wrong about that. Yeck.

TheSpaceMan

Hello Spaceman: You would have to find a HF Reciver on the internet and dial in the frequency you would want to list to and monitor.

Online Receivers - Internet and Radio: Online Receivers

Give that a try. Happy hunting. Or have someone put it on the net, they are probably around.

Jay in the Mojave
Thanks. I'm actually looking for an internet CB program where you can both receive and transmit, similar to HamSphere.

555BigHorn

would be nice if I could be across town or at work or out of town and be able to access my pc and operate my radio and even turn the beam,,,wink wink

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
TheSpaceMan said:
Thanks. I'm actually looking for an internet CB program where you can both receive and transmit, similar to HamSphere.
There used to be this one but the program he was using for it shut down so he was left with no way to do it :( (voiperized is what he used)

www.livecbradio.com

Livecbradio is still online but the guy put 2 of his feeds on that awful channel 6 noise. I don't get why he did that at all.

DarkStarPDX

Title 47 § 95.419 (CB Rule 19) May I operate my CB station transmitter by remote control?

(a) You may not operate a CB station transmitter by radio remote control.

(b) You may operate a CB transmitter by wireline remote control if you obtain specific approval in writing from the FCC. To obtain FCC approval, you must show why you need to operate your station by wireline remote control. If you receive FCC approval, you must keep the approval as part of your station records. See CB Rule 27, § 95.427.

(c) Remote control means operation of a CB transmitter from any place other than the location of the CB transmitter. Direct mechanical control or direct electrical control by wire from some point on the same premises, craft or vehicle as the CB transmitter is not considered remote control.​

[48 FR 24894, June 3, 1983, as amended at 57 FR 40343, Sept. 3, 1992; 63 FR 68976, Dec. 14, 1998]

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
TheSpaceMan said:
Don't they have a program like that for amateur radio operators?
Yes www.hamsphere.com

He has a virtual reciever setup (A .jar file (Java)) and you can talk to others AND IT SOUNDS LIKE A REAL RADIO! (It ISNT free though :()

Last edited:

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
It ain't radio

hamsphere isn't radio, should be removed from title. It is internet voip.

sam003

Live CB Radio Streaming...

TorontoCbRadio.com (one CH at a time)... This site is hooked up to a real radio in the City. Currently seeking an affordable software that will allow others to go onto the site and key the radio to talk with locals here in Toronto, Canada. Please if you have any ideas or recommendations contact torontocbradio@gmail.com

P.S. it's not a "repeater" it's real cb radio over internet "interactive" site with chat windows and more.

Status
Not open for further replies.