• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

A little help with my mobile CB

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbleagle2

I work in Atlantic City, I get off work around 8 almost every night.
I have found no one talking on the CB on any channel.
But I’m just getting started I thing I need a better antenna.
Any suggestions on the right or best mobile antenna…………..dbleagle2

mds47588

This question is nearly identical to your other question that you had posted here. Before you throw away the antenna and get another, are you sure that is the problem? Have you done a recent SWR check? Have you talked to anyone on it? I used to have CB's in my cars and trucks, but after installing the one I have now (after a several year lapse) I am totally amazed how little use CB gets now...hence no one to talk to. I thought the same thing and after installing my Wilson 1000 I was certain that sumthin was wrong. Turned out nuthin is wrong,..just hardly anyone uses CB now-a-days with the primary exceptions of over the road truckers.

jhooten

The dirt truckers are active here. The gravel requires them to have one to check in and get sent to the area of the pit in use at the time. When not on the pit channel they go back to 19.

dbleagle2

Thanks for pointing out that one question was identical to the other. I never would have got that with out your help.
Seeing how I got no replies on the first one I worded the second a little different, it worked I got you to reply.
But I have to give you some credit you guys from Picayune are on top of your game.

Thanks for everyone’s help I think the first thing I need is a SWR meter.

Out from New Jersey……………..dbleagle2

2FB071

I have great SWRs in my mobile--but it is a ghost town on air when the sun goes down here. So it could just be the lower popularity of CB these days more than anything. The nearest base stations that talk at night are over 50 miles away from me.

WQJI916

I don't know if I was tired and punchy or just in a good mood, but, dbleagle2, your reply had me laughing so hard. Sarcasm is sometimes the best humor. Thanks for that!

shortride

Premium Subscriber
I guessing that it may be the that you're in Atlantic City. Aren't there a lot of after hours activities there? There may not be many interested in the CB radio hobby there.

WQJI916

dbleagle2, did you get an SWR meter yet? I have three and could spare one. You pay the postage and I'll pop it in the mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.