• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

LTD 29

Status
Not open for further replies.

kebingump

no it shouldnt
I have swr reading on channel 1=1.8. Channel 40=1.6. Channel 20=1. On swr meter watts=
Channel 1= 2.2
Channel 40=8 watts
Channel 20=2watts
Not sure how good radio is getting out, will test this weekend.
Maybe a problem somewhere???????

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

kebingump

are you measuring antenna or radio,,, what antenna are you testing into?
On swr meter it has a watts reading. I guess it reads watts in coax. No reading when I tested coax center wire to ground around coax, which is good. Antenna is a Wilson little wil. Also just install new coax onto antenna. Rg8x coax. Tested all solder connections=good. Old cable had some crimps in it from door. I have rerouted the coax cable under truck thru a plastic grommet under back seat.
I also added a extra 12ga ground wire to mag antenna base. Drilled hole installed on ground post, installed on truck frame. Tested, good ground.

I'm going to recheck antenna out on back of radio again, just to make sure. (Center hole to outer male threads on antenna out).

kebingump

On swr meter it has a watts reading. I guess it reads watts in coax. No reading when I tested coax center wire to ground around coax, which is good. Antenna is a Wilson little wil. Also just install new coax onto antenna. Rg8x coax. Tested all solder connections=good. Old cable had some crimps in it from door. I have rerouted the coax cable under truck thru a plastic grommet under back seat.
I also added a extra 12ga ground wire to mag antenna base. Drilled hole installed on ground post, installed on truck frame. Tested, good ground.

I'm going to recheck antenna out on back of radio again, just to make sure. (Center hole to outer male threads on antenna out).

37215c644526488d642f0454b837be96.jpg

kebingump

Meter reads 995, on coaxal plug u n on back of radio.??

ladn

Explorer of the Frequency Spectrum
Premium Subscriber
Southern California and sometimes Owens Valley
You should expect to see some continuity between the female center conductor and the male outer ring of the UHF antenna connector on the radio.

You should see no continuity between the center and outer conductor of the antenna cable with the cable DISCONNECTED from the radio and antenna. You MAY also see continuity between the outer ring (shield) and the vehicle body depending on how the cable is installed and routed.

You MAY see continuity with the cable connected to an antenna, depending on antenna design.

kebingump

You should expect to see some continuity between the female center conductor and the male outer ring of the UHF antenna connector on the radio.

You should see no continuity between the center and outer conductor of the antenna cable with the cable DISCONNECTED from the radio and antenna. You MAY also see continuity between the outer ring (shield) and the vehicle body depending on how the cable is installed and routed.

You MAY see continuity with the cable connected to an antenna, depending on antenna design.
Thank you

prcguy

If you are measuring at the connector on the CB it could show an open, short or something in between depending on the make and model of the CB. Some circuits are capacitor coupled which will show an open, some radios have a choke right across the antenna jack for static suppression which will show a short and so on.

Same with antennas, some will show an open and some will show a short depending on the design. If the radio is working fine don't worry about what an ohm meter shows on the antenna connector.
prcguy

kebingump

Thank you for your help.

kebingump

If you are measuring at the connector on the CB it could show an open, short or something in between depending on the make and model of the CB. Some circuits are capacitor coupled which will show an open, some radios have a choke right across the antenna jack for static suppression which will show a short and so on.

Same with antennas, some will show an open and some will show a short depending on the design. If the radio is working fine don't worry about what an ohm meter shows on the antenna connector.
prcguy
Good information, thanks

FiveFilter

I'd say your SWR results are pretty good for the Lil Wil. The shorter antennas are not as flexible or effective as the longer ones, as determined by the physics of such matters.

Don't expect your outfit to perform as well as those who have amplified radios with taller antennas. Your 3-foot antenna with a legal CB radio output should get you perhaps three or four miles assuming the other CB is a factory-grade radio and operating correctly.

kebingump

I'd say your SWR results are pretty good for the Lil Wil. The shorter antennas are not as flexible or effective as the longer ones, as determined by the physics of such matters.

Don't expect your outfit to perform as well as those who have amplified radios with taller antennas. Your 3-foot antenna with a legal CB radio output should get you perhaps three or four miles assuming the other CB is a factory-grade radio and operating correctly.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.