• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Stryker 94-hpc

Status
Not open for further replies.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Finally got my Stryker-94HPC, hooked it up and a quick radio check got me a hit about 30 miles away. What a huge difference in physical size from the Magnum 1 I had in the same place, wifey can stretch her legs now. :)

Now I have to learn what this radio/computer can do.

sr-94hpc.jpg

FiveFilter

That is a remarkable range. What antenna are you using and where is it mounted on your Jeep?

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
That is a remarkable range. What antenna are you using and where is it mounted on your Jeep?

I have a Sirio 5000 "Fighter" mounted on my tire carrier. I compared the radio SWR meter to my Workman HP201S meter and they matched perfectly during the adjustments. I was able to get ch 20 and ch 40 on the CB band down to a 1.1, but ch 1 is a little over the other two as you can see in these photos. I think I wore out the hex wrench making all the adjustments.

I put a new Sirio whip on the base since the one on the Jeep was tuned to my Magnum1 and was a bit too short for this radio.I ended up cutting about 5 inches off the whip when all was said and done. Started out and ch 40 was a little over 2 and ch 1 was 1.5. Considering the location of the mount and vehicle I think this is pretty good.

SR-94hpc_SWR_2-20-18_1.jpg
SR-94hpc_SWR_2-20-18_2.jpg

SR-94hpc_SWR_2-20-18_3.jpg

Image2.jpg

sirio_1.jpg

rbomba

Premium Subscriber
I have the same radio in my '16 Chevy Colorado. Excellent little radio.

FiveFilter

Your rig looks great!

That Sirio is a tall drink of water even with a few inches cut off for turning. I assume the back window is glass? If so, the antenna seems to be mostly clear of nearby metal which could reflect back and raise SWR. My TJ's fiberglass top has a back window, but it is filled with metal wire for the defroster, so I always figured it would tend to reflect signals back, but never tried an antenna there to see. In any case, your SWR values are outstanding.

Looks like you're ready for a convoy!

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Your rig looks great!

That Sirio is a tall drink of water even with a few inches cut off for turning. I assume the back window is glass? If so, the antenna seems to be mostly clear of nearby metal which could reflect back and raise SWR. My TJ's fiberglass top has a back window, but it is filled with metal wire for the defroster, so I always figured it would tend to reflect signals back, but never tried an antenna there to see. In any case, your SWR values are outstanding.

Looks like you're ready for a convoy!

Yes the back window is glass, but also has the defroster wires, however with the plastic roof there's not much metal at all.

asuddendeath

This radio looks very nice at a screaming price.
Anything else out there but has SSB?

The 4 watt output, is that a true 4 watt?

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
This radio looks very nice at a screaming price.
Anything else out there but has SSB?

The 4 watt output, is that a true 4 watt?

I'll have to get back to you, I've only used it on 10 watts so far and that's on the money, haven't had much opportunity, been sick and had surgery, not a lot of CB use in my immediate area. I'll be going back to work soon in the city so I'll have more chances to test it out.

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
Nice little radio. I've been watching this one
for a while now, and after reading about 1000
reviews, I decided to take the chance and buy
one. Hope it all goes well when I get it and hook
it up.

SpugEddy

Premium Subscriber
Got mine today and after playing with it for several
hours, I like it. Getting great reports from about 10
miles away. Good clean audio with a nice solid signal

tripletrucker

I've had mine for a while now and love it.
I'm in and out of a different truck each day so size is great.
I'm making up my own modular plug to use a RoadKing noise-canceling mic.
Has anyone found a noise-canceling mic that works out-of-the-box on this radio?
Thanks!

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
I don't understand how the pictures or video show the radio is actually putting out 4w or 10w, its just what the face of the radio is showing.
prcguy

The top line of the radio face meter when the mic is keyed is power output, the radio meter was compared to an external SWR and power meter and they were a match, as I mentioned before in this thread. Much easier for me to key the mic and hold the phone camera on the radio face so that what I showed, dead key. Is it exactly or perfect, probably not, but it's a good enough look for me.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
I've had mine for a while now and love it.
I'm in and out of a different truck each day so size is great.
I'm making up my own modular plug to use a RoadKing noise-canceling mic.
Has anyone found a noise-canceling mic that works out-of-the-box on this radio?
Thanks!

I watched a lot of videos on this radio before I bought it and all of the ones where different mics were compared say the stock mic got the best reports. I've been getting loud and clear reports using it in the Philly metro area.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Got mine today and after playing with it for several
hours, I like it. Getting great reports from about 10
miles away. Good clean audio with a nice solid signal

Same here, I've had more opportunity to use it lately and not one bad report on the sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.