RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > CB Radio Forum

CB Radio Forum - Discussions regarding Citizens Band Radio (CB)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2018, 1:52 PM

Sorry for the late reply. I will try to get that picture.

Like I said, I don't have any lock picking tools or anything that could grind the lock off. I wouldn't trust myself with the destructive tools, haha.

At this point, I really am going to need to get the locks off, because I finally tested the radio and found that it appears to be a bad unit which I may have to replace, and I'm going to want to use the speaker, still.

I may just have to find a locksmith and try them.
Sponsored links
Old 06-03-2018, 1:26 PM

You can buy an equal or better commodity-grade communications speaker for probably 1/4 of what any locksmith will charge you to open those TWO locking collars.

Or, you can probably use a common nut-splitter to just split them apart.

All sorts of ways to attack locks on YouTube. Or, just buy a speaker that will be best suited to the new job. Speaker cones are paper, paper gets old and brittle, there's limited value left in a 25? year old speaker.
Old 06-03-2018, 2:00 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

i showed a locksmith a picture of lock while i was there getting a key made and he said that by the looks of the key hole that a blank key that fits would turn it off or a piece of metal that would fit in keyhole would open it up,,,
Old 06-05-2018, 6:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Looks like simple wafer type locks-easy to pick with a bit of patience. My guess would be pick them so the 'key' goes clockwise and that will somehow 'engage' the outside housing so you can turn it off. Either that or after the 'key' is turned the outside slides off and there something to turn. I seem to remember similar locks way back when but there were a few different types...