• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

What are some export radios with excellent receivers in them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc0bus

Hi,
I'm having a hard time hearing stations that CBer's who are local to me have no difficulty at all hearing. I have been using a stock CB radio, but I'm starting to think my radio is a bit deaf, and I'm thinking of possibly buying and trying my first Export radio to see if that helps to improve my receiving ability any. Are there any Export radios that are currently available new (or used) that have particularly good receivers in them that I could try out?
Thanks

TheSpaceMann

Hi,
I'm having a hard time hearing stations that CBer's who are local to me have no difficulty at all hearing. I have been using a stock CB radio, but I'm starting to think my radio is a bit deaf, and I'm thinking of possibly buying and trying my first Export radio to see if that helps to improve my receiving ability any. Are there any Export radios that are currently available new (or used) that have particularly good receivers in them that I could try out?
Thanks
Uniden HR-2510

zz0468

QRT
Banned
Most HF (including CB) receive problems are caused by local noise issues. Are you sure that's not the problem?

TenSleep440

Stryker SR-447HPC2 has a great RX, and you can adjust the bass and treble to your liking which if done properly can reduce the static noise floor. At least that’s my experience....

swen_out_west

I'm surprised that nobody has asked the big questions. What antenna do you have? How high is it/ Is it in the clear? What Coax and length do you have?

I think it would be great getting a new radio with the best receive, but the antenna system is probably 90 percent of it. I would hate for you to spend that kind of money to find out that you are still having issues.

Around my area some guys have crappy receive (What level is your background noise?) because of the poor quality transformers in their neighborhood. In my case I have a hard time hearing the city 10 miles away because the signal has to go through the big high transmission lines. It's easier for me to hear stations in the other direction. Everyone kept saying to go up even higher, but based on my experience and calculations the higher I went the worse it got and I would have to be 200 feet high to get over them. My best move was replacing my IMax 2000 with a Penetrator 500 which really helped,, turns out fiberglass antennas are called noise sticks for a reason.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.