• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Cobra 139 no tx no rx

Status
Not open for further replies.

radiocom215

Help. My pa/cb switch has no power.
Lights up but nothing else.
Its 23 chan ssb.

Im not good at reading the schematic.
Can anyone please tell me where the power comes from and what voltage it should be?
I would really appreciate it.

K4EET

Chaplain
radiocom215,

I'm not quite sure what you are asking. Are you asking what voltage should you read at the PA/CB Switch (S3)? Or are you asking something else?

Cobra 139
Cobra 139

Cobra 139 Schematic
http://www.cbtricks.com/radios/cobra/139/graphics/cobra_139_sch.jpg

If you know, is a Cobra 139 the same as a Cobra 139XLR? There seems to be more information for the Cobra 139XLR on the Internet but that may be a different animal. Meanwhile, I'll try to determine if there is a difference.

Awaiting your response...

Cheers! Dave

radiocom215

I looked at 139xlr and the schem is different and I'm not good at reading these.
I have power now to the switch but no rx or tx.

I key the mic and nothing happens. No meter movement.

ipfd320

Banned
take a Piece of wire or a bent paper clip and jump out the pins on the mike jack if the tx lite comes on or if the receive starts working the its a microphone problem--if you jump out the pins and nothing happens then the finals took a crap

radiocom215

Hey, I really appreciate the help.

I just found the board is cracked at the right back corner.

Do you think it's possible to solder and connect those few circuits?

This makes me sick. Geez

radiocom215

Thanks for the help.
It doesn't seem to be easy scraping.
Im afraid of using too much pressure fearing I'll scrape the copper trace off.
I was planning on using telephone wire.
Is that too small?

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
Telephone wire will be fine. I use a very small screwdriver or other decent pointed driver to scrape off the green. It does require a little bit of pressure to scrape; if you can get a finger under the board where it's cracked, will help when scraping.
BTW, you can use wire that is pretty much as wide as the trace, so don't worry too much about the size, (just as long as it's bigger than your hair!.)

radiocom215

Due to congested area and can't get a good scrape, if there are two different components on the same trace, couldn't I bridge the two pins?

ipfd320

Banned
yes you can solder from 1 component to the other on the same trace line with wire--i fixed a badly damaged radio from 1 side to the other on the solder joints

larbian

Premium Subscriber
That area is jammed with components and no room to get a dremel or anything down in so I bridged pins and the radio receives but when mic is pressed, the relay clicks but it does not transmit and doesn't interrupt the receive.
Probably something in my repair job but I don't know where to start.

By the way, how do you get the relay cover off. I used dental pics pushing and pulling on that tab but cant get it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.